Notre Dame Predictions

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I would not be surprised if we did them by 2 TDs as young QB implodes,etc.

BUT--at home,with their def it is more like 34-27 Tech

LibertyTurns

Banned
Domer just walked by me in the airport. I didn't even see him until he yelled "not tomorrow" at me. I hope he was referring to their ability to score.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
35-20....don't think it's been taken yet. Something in the back of my head is making me think it may be a lower scoring game though. Feeling kinda wishy washy on this one.

JacketintheBend

Georgia Tech Fan
Well for starters Kizer is 6'5" and weighs over 210 pounds. He's got a cannon and was a top 15 recruit who was offered by tons of teams, including from what I can tell Bama, LSU, Michigan State. Is he human? Yes. But this isn't like a few years ago when we played a converted linebacker playing QB for Maryland. Kizer is a very good player and if we let them get into 3rd and short situations, he will convert those with his legs and keep drives going.

The guy he's throwing to is also a 100% stud and a straight burner. It will be tough for our secondary to prevent him from getting wide open downfield and I would assume Kizer will constantly test us by going long to Fuller. He will get over 100 yards against us and he will score at least one, likely more, touchdowns. Our secondary has to step up or he will single handedly beat us.

It won't take much to get someone going behind Notre Dame's line. Prosise would be an absolute stud at AB. He's shown he can handle a moderate workload and bust big runs where needed. DL is going to have a tough job at the LOS to keep him from making plays.

In short - any huge advantage gained by ND losing its starters is offset by both their replacements and the guys around them.

All true and well said but please consider:
How confident would you be if M Jordan was starting for us and JT was gone ? And our only runners were TaQuon
and Marcus Allen ? Especially if they your opponent was starting 1s instead of 3s ?

Kizer has taken 17 CFB snaps. Procise was a safety then a wideout and never took a live snap at RB until 2 weeks ago. His frosh backups still get lost trying to find
their dorms. If ND wins tomorrow with this crew so be it. Maybe they will mature by year end, but not by tomorrow.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
All true and well said but please consider:
How confident would you be if M Jordan was starting for us and JT was gone ? And our only runners were TaQuon
and Marcus Allen ? Especially if they your opponent was starting 1s instead of 3s ?

Kizer has taken 17 CFB snaps. Procise was a safety then a wideout and never took a live snap at RB until 2 weeks ago. His frosh backups still get lost trying to find
their dorms. If ND wins tomorrow with this crew so be it. Maybe they will mature by year end, but not by tomorrow.

I would certainly be nervous if we had to start Marcus and Jordan. And don't get me wrong, I'm sure their #1s would play better than their #3s. I'm just trying to dispel the notion that we can just show up and get an automatic win because their third string is out there - their third string is pretty good too. Especially Procise - what we've seen this year is the transition from running back to running back isn't that tough as long as your line is good. I think this game is going to come down to our DL versus their OL. It doesn't matter how good or bad Procise is if he either is, or isn't, getting holes to run through. Hope our guys are up to the task!