Notre Dame Postgame

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Not happy with the offense at all. I said it in chat, but that was the worst offensive performance I've seen since the 2013 VT game. But I liked what I saw from the defense. Truthfully, ND was limited to very few 3rd down conversions as well and that was by far our worst defensive statistic last year. I'm thankful that GT only lost by 8 and that this was a non-conference game. If we can regroup, figure out what we did wrong, and build up steam for the rest of the season I could see us still winning the ACC. Can we make it the playoff? Probably not anymore. But we can at least shoot for a good bowl and keep momentum going.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
That was tough hard fought game. It'll give the young guys a wake up call and help them refocus. I refuse to make this season playoff or bust like a lot of fans are doing. We could still have a tremendous season and I believe we will. Either way, I'll support the Jackets win or lose.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Felt a little bit like watching the OB against Iowa or the Peach Bowl against LSU. Our D showed up. Our kicking game was awful. We simply had no answers on O. Our 3rd down conversion was brutal.

Same games came to my mind. Not sure how many of our future opponents will have the same type of physicality on defense so hopefully we will be OK the rest of the season. Though late, we did find out the pass to the B back in the flat is available so that could keep teams guessing.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
A lot of growing to do.
Kudos to ND. I knew they were talented, but that front 7 is very nasty and we couldn't block them.
We hung around but couldn't hit fgs, taking points off the board.
The defense played well minus one play, and I thought ND got away with a lot of holding on both sides. No sour grapes, but I calls em like I sees em.

Back to the practice, we can't let ND beat us twice.

Last edited:

Delta Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Our Oline was dominated. When that happens you lose. PJ lost his cool a couple of times and really hurt us with his decision making. Our kicker continues to have major issues inside the 40. Our D played their hearts out but wore out. Not much else to say. See you next week.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Defense showed improvement over last year. Last TD was bad, but overall still got the TOs, and played more than well enough to win. Still need more push from the DL, and to get better pressure in general, but was easily the better side of the ball. Unfortunately that last big TD run will skew the stats.

Offensive was just bad. Couldn't block, and Thomas showed shades of Lee when the latter had an OL that couldn't block. I expect that to be shored up in the coming weeks though. Abacks were disappointing for the most part, although not a complete surprise with the youth in first real game. Liked the passes to the BBack, and wish we would have done so earlier. Also would have liked to see Marshall get more snaps. Passing game was atrocious and showed no development from year one in terms of philosophy towards that part of the game. It works fine when the running game is working well, but rarely works when we actually need it.

Special teams. No. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the younger players got caught up in the atmosphere. Just never got anything really going all day. The defense is pretty good I thought.