Notre Dame Game 2015

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
I've known a lot of people who went to South Bend last time we played them there. I think a few of them were tempted to root for them over tech because of the experience there.

I don't know how it is since I have never been there but I'd bet everything I own that it will never be as bad as the cesspool.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I have been looking at ticket prices and they seem high. What would be a good ticket price for this game?

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
A great place to visit for a game, I have been twice for our games as well! Must see at least once. My experience were that fans were very friendly up until we won and then they weren't so nice as we were leaving. Lol

Animal02

Banned
I have been looking at ticket prices and they seem high. What would be a good ticket price for this game?
Ticket prices are always a crap shoot. In '07 I paid $150 from a roadside scalper because I wanted to get in and tailgate. (Face value was $75 I think) I saw the night before Tech tickets going cheap on craigslist (but no way to get them overnight)
I would just keep an eye on prices and see how they move.

Milwaukee

Banned
Has anyone purchased tickets yet? I'm seeing $250 is the cheapest on stubhub. Vividseats has them around $140 (never heard of vividseats).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this game - should we try to snag tickets now or wait until summer?

Thanks in advance.

Animal02

Banned
Has anyone purchased tickets yet? I'm seeing $250 is the cheapest on stubhub. Vividseats has them around $140 (never heard of vividseats).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this game - should we try to snag tickets now or wait until summer?

Thanks in advance.

I would wait. At least until the GTAA tickets are sold. People that are eligible will buy them and some will resell......also that means more on the market regardless. In '07, tickets were going for about the same this far out......as I said previously, I picked up a street scalper ticket for $150 (very early in the morning because I wanted to go tailgate) There were tickets being offered for far less on Atlanta sites a day or two before the game, just had no way to get them in time. I would also keep an eye out here https://seatgeek.com/georgia-tech-y...ets/ncaa-football/2015-09-19-3-30-am/2363495/

Thanks in advance.
I would wait. I think everybody is assuming that tickets through Tech will be impossible to get, but I got mine easily for the last time we played up there. Although I have many years of buying and giving, I haven't given that much overall. So I don't think I rank that high on the priority list. but I can't imagine not being able to get them again.

BTW, it was a great experience. I found the fans to be among the friendliest I have seen anywhere. It was really hard to be a gracious winner.....LOL

Animal02

Banned
I would wait. I think everybody is assuming that tickets through Tech will be impossible to get, but I got mine easily for the last time we played up there. Although I have many years of buying and giving, I haven't given that much overall. So I don't think I rank that high on the priority list. but I can't imagine not being able to get them again.

BTW, it was a great experience. I found the fans to be among the friendliest I have seen anywhere. It was really hard to be a gracious winner.....LOL
The alumni club up here inquired about getting tickets......the GTAA laughed at them/us......
If you have been buying and giving for years, you probably have a good priority position..........I think they have to allocate about 5k tickets to the visiting school.....

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I also was there the last two times we played them in South Bend, which included the 33-3 win over Charlie Weiss' first team.
Great weekend trips, flew into Chicago Midway Airport on Friday afternoon and stayed in downtown Chicago.
The drive over in the morning is good, especially if you're going early to tail gate, the drive back to Chicago after the game not so good, traffic was pretty bad.
ND fans for the most part are very accomodating.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I will agree that the ND Football experience is a good one.

I went up there a few years ago for the Holy War and had a Heckuva time.. I was not dressed in either team's colors and was dating a ND Grad at the time though so not sure if that helped.. Will say we tailgated with the alumni group and they were all friendly, even when I let them know Rudy was offsides.

uptightjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Tickets are aavailable now for season ticket holders. From what I understand Tech received between 4000 - 5000 tickets. I was only eligible for 2 and have been buying season tickets for 18 years. Really long time season holders are good for 4 - 6 tix.

Tickets are aavailable now for season ticket holders. From what I understand Tech received between 4000 - 5000 tickets. I was only eligible for 2 and have been buying season tickets for 18 years. Really long time season holders are good for 4 - 6 tix.
I've been buying season tickets and contributing to AT and Roll Call for 45 years, and all I can order are 2. It's the BIG donors who can get more. You have to have 1000 points to order 4, and even with all my years, I only have a little over 200 points. Oddly though, I was able to get 4 when we played there in 2007.

Animal02

Banned
I think the NCAA has some sort of rule that the home team must make around 5k tickets available to the visiting team. Players etc get first shot at the tickets for family (I believe)

Milwaukee

Banned
If anyone has 2 to sell from the GTAA please message me. I've been to away games before but never had the opportunity to sit with the Tech crowd away from BDS.

Thanks