Notre Dame Game 2015

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I know I'm looking really far ahead with this one, but with It being the third game of the season it will either Break our hearts, or give us a ton of momentum.
Just wondering what your guys' opinions were about this game/how you think it will play out.
Both of us will mostly likely be in the Top25 so maybe will be on Gameday. ;) (Most Teams are still playing nobodys) So who knows?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I will have to start looking for those tickets, I'm definitely going! Mom and brother live in Chicago, so it's a really easy trip to make! Been planning this as soon as it was announced.

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
It will be a great matchup and I think GT can use 2014 and this game as a springboard to a top 10 ranking. The "big stage" in South Bend won't be traumatic after playing in those big games down the stretch this year. The Yellow Jackets can make another Swarm Statement.

Right now I am planning on being there and it will be my first GT road trip.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Always wanted to see it. I wander what ND fans are like in South Ben, hopefully the don't resemble those from the cesspool.
Best away venue I have ever been to. ND fans (on campus) are among the best you will find anywhere. Funny, the only ND fans I've run into that were not very sportsmanlike were off-campus sidewalk fans. And the campus is worth the trip by itself.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It will be a great matchup and I think GT can use 2014 and this game as a springboard to a top 10 ranking. The "big stage" in South Bend won't be traumatic after playing in those big games down the stretch this year. The Yellow Jackets can make another Swarm Statement.

Right now I am planning on being there and it will be my first GT road trip.
Fully agree! I think this is where we really see the value of JT being a captain this year. He's already the guy that the rest of the team looks to for playmaking AND leadership, so it should help keep the right culture in that locker room over spring and summer. I can't wait for this game! I bet Brian Kelly started prepping for us right about the moment JT waved the flames off his feet!
Btw I saw pics of Tre down in Miami, and boy he looks like he can HIT! We have some tough looking hombres coming up in the program

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Fully agree! I think this is where we really see the value of JT being a captain this year. He's already the guy that the rest of the team looks to for playmaking AND leadership, so it should help keep the right culture in that locker room over spring and summer. I can't wait for this game! I bet Brian Kelly started prepping for us right about the moment JT waved the flames off his feet!
Btw I saw pics of Tre down in Miami, and boy he looks like he can HIT! We have some tough looking hombres coming up in the program
I think we'll miss Synjyn and Isaiah in the locker room, but somebody will step up. I think, like Josh, JT is a more vocal leader on the field and in the huddle than in the locker room.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Synjyn is definitely going to be missed, but I can see guys like Golden, White, and Davis stepping up as defensive leaders. On offense it'll be JT and the line pulling the young skill guys along.

Animal02

Banned
I read somewhere that the ND fans are very classy and warmly welcome opponents to their campus. You'd have to fall pretty far to be compared to the worst of the worst, the LSU, WVa, & UGAg lot drunks.
Been to the last two ND / Tech games in South Bend. The ND fans are for the most part very classy. It is a beautiful campus as well. (Not much in South Bend to do though) There is a huge field on the north edge of the campus for tailgating and they run shuttle buses to the stadium (though it is not that far of a walk either) Met several players parents tailgating there in 2007. Calvin Johnson was also walking around. There were also a lot of stuff going on in the dorm areas......food being sold etc. DressedCheese can provide more info....I think his brother went to ND. I will definitely be going.......don't know who I will drag with me.......It is defintely a place you should see a game at least once. If things have not changed.......the visitors sections are in the south end zone. The ND students and band are in the north west corner. Had a faculty ticket last time around which was in the north endzone.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't wait for this game! I bet Brian Kelly started prepping for us right about the moment JT waved the flames off his feet!

Oh yeah, but ND can prep all they want. When CPJ was at GS, he had an axe to grind against Brain VanGorder and wanted to kick his butt in a game. If VanGorder is still the DC at ND next year, CPJ is going to break the axe out of the time capsule.