Notre Dame, Baseball

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Oh... noooooooooooooooo

20230310_164246.jpg

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully he pitches this Saturday and every one after that. I have mixed feelings about him sliding up to Friday at some point. While I would like to increase our odds of starting off each series with a win, I'm leary of using him against every opponents ace. As I mentioned before, I would love to see Samol develop into a weekend starter. With his size and the fact he is a lefty he could really be what we have been looking for. Plus, as a freshman (and one of the younger ones) he is already bringing a fastball in the low to mid 90's. The coaches have to be salivating at the possibilities for the next couple of years (at his age I believe we would have him through his junior year at least).
I believe I read in a D1Baseball article about him that the coaching staff likes to give Finley a day off after he pitches. Since he is the DH, or now possibly 1B, on days he doesn't pitch, Sunday sets up as the best day to give him a day of complete rest with no pitching or hitting after he pitches.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I believe I read in a D1Baseball article about him that the coaching staff likes to give Finley a day off after he pitches. Since he is the DH, or now possibly 1B, on days he doesn't pitch, Sunday sets up as the best day to give him a day of complete rest with no pitching or hitting after he pitches.

Begs a great question. Should Finley play both games of the DH tomorrow? I'd bet not. I hope he pitches first one since ND has TBA for second game (thanks @GTRambler ).

But let's just win the fricking game tonight.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Listening to Hall's pre-game press conference with Wiley on the ramblinwreck app now. Said the injured hitters are ready to go. Missed hearing the first one, but obviously Campbell starting at DH tonight. He also said that Jackson's probably ready to go but he's not playing him tonight and Compton was in the lineup earlier this week. My guess, Jackson plays one game tomorrow and Senese plays the other.

As for the pitching, coming along but probably not ready to help us this weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hope Finley starts against TBD in first game to get him to a "Saturday" rotation. Then let him chill till Tuesday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Siegel or Finateri get the start on a staff day game.

Great to see Compton back and strong. Now get Jadyn back, but he may have lost his spot.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
This outstanding/exciting play in the 7th... made the game "less exciting" ... thankfully.

So glad he's back.

There were a number of times this game could have gone differently. Compton's save, Jack's big hit right after what should have been strike 3, just to start.

I'm excited to see this roster getting healthy. We can do some post season damage if we square up the pitching.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
For all the griping about Danny Hall, outside of a couple pitchers being hurt he's got quite the stacked lineup.

He's gonna start Finley, he can put Minnick at catcher and DH Rubenstein to give him a rest behind the plate so he's good for game 2. He can platoon Jackson and Campbell because he's got Senese and Romano playing solid out there. He's got Giesler who can spell Compton. Then there's Diamant and Baughcum & almost forgot about Sabathia, In OF we have Brosius, Lovett and Hare as extras. I'm sure I missed someone.

We hardly used the pen yesterday. Finatieri, Samol, Carwile, Siegel, etc. Mannely only threw 13 pitches.

Domers seemed to throw their best at us yesterday. Hope that's the case.