Notre Dame - 1/13

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I have absolutely zero issue with Adam putting up shots the way he did last night. Is it the best shot selection sometimes? No. But ask yourself - if he weren't to take that shot, what would we get instead? A 20 ft jumper from Charles or Nick? God forbid a jumpshot from Travis or Josh? I'll take the contested three from the guy shooting 51% from there in conference play.

yep, actually that Offensive plan has been around since blewitt--throw it up there and it probably won't go in but REBOUND it and try again-we were back to that -look at stats--18 Off rebs I believe--of course you can have that when you miss so much
the only reason we were close is that we did not turn it over much like we have done in past

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Respectfully disagree. Lots of built-up frustration & hopelessness around here, but I see a team that looks way better than a year ago. This year ACC teams with 10 or 9 conference wins should get bids because everybody did so much better out of conference to boost RPIs. If Tech can make it to 3-5 before losing to Duke & Miami, then they should be good enough to win 6 of 8 down the stretch against that easier schedule and reach 9 ACC wins. If they're 2-6 before Duke then they don't have what it takes.

I don't think so. Tech has only eclipsed .500 in conference one time since 1996, and that was the year we went to the Final Four. That team was light years better than this team. I think this team caps out at 6 wins...which is pretty sad, since it's got talent.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We all got excited after the Virginia win, but I think many, including myself, looked past how close we were to blowing that thing in the end. There was a huge portion of the second half where our offense looked a lot like it did against Notre Dame.

The team has more talent this year and that is not arguable. The team is still getting out coached on a nightly basis. I have refrained from taking a public stance, but watching our entire staff look so lost against Notre Dame is a sign that this staff is not capable of winning at an acceptable level. Football has a legit fall back for it's lack of success, but Tech basketball has been among the elite and looked at as a big time program. That being said there is no and I repeat no excuse for Tech basketball not to be good. Elite players only have to pass a few classes and players that are 3 to 4 year players are out there. Classes haven't changed since Bobby Cremins built a program. The NBA hasn't changed in that they want talented players to enter the league. Freaking Iowa St in the middle of freaking no where is at this time a better program that GT. I have a hard time swallowing that. Ole Miss uses beautiful campus and women to get players, ugag offers easy classes and beautiful women NFL to get players. Why can't Tech use ATL, ATL, ATL.....NBA network, local NBA team, did I mention ATL to attract great talent. I am fairly confident that the crew Bobby ran through GT were not all scholars. It can be done because IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Every problem we have is not on BG. He can't make guys make open shots. They miss that on their own.

With that said, Outside of that, basically everything else falls on him and the staff. They have recruited sub par since they got here. The best class he signed was with Carter, MGH, and bolden. Bolden was a bust, MGH has been our most consistent player and top scorer but he would still be the 3rd best player on much of the ACC rosters and carter had talent but didn't stay and didn't want to help anyone but himself.

He really has no offensive game plan besides running back-screens and crossing plays. He struggles with X's and O's but is pretty good at teaching fundamentals like rebounding and defense. But since he has no in game coaching skills, he's get out coached all the time.

I really do like BG a lot as a person. He is a really nice guy and represents the university really well. He always gives good interviews and pressers and cares about the guys. I actually like him a lot better than PJ, but PJ is a much better coach. I wanted him to do really well here but at this point I think everyone knows he is a placeholder till we can free up money to make a bigger hire.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Every problem we have is not on BG. He can't make guys make open shots. They miss that on their own.

Yes but the ATL area is cranking out a huge amount of talent each year full of kids who are shot makers and he cannot get them on campus, and that is his fault. He's done well recruiting grad xfers and we are still less than mediocre.

I've often said none of it is his fault, I blame the idiots that hired him, and then the idiot that made it impossible to fire him.