Notre Dame, 1/10 at ND Game

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Notre Dame started the season with 5 wins, but is now 8-7 and has lost six of its last seven games, including consecutive ACC losses to Miami, Boston College and North Carolina by an average of 11.7 points. They are 0-5 in ACC play but only loss two of those games by one point, Syracuse (62-61) and Florida State (73-72) in their first two conference games.
Past performance does not guarantee future results, ser Georgia Tech versus Miami and then again against FSU as examples.

Wonder which GT team shows up tonight.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
This game is a tossup. I picked us to beat FSU and it blew up in my face. But I picked us to lose vs Miami and we won....

Thus I will not make a prediction for this game.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is actually one of the better matchups for us. Notre Dame is a three point focused team and our defense is pretty good against three-point shooting. Notre Dame is not going to exploit any weakness we have in the paint.

Question will be, can we score with them because they will score

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is actually one of the better matchups for us. Notre Dame is a three point focused team and our defense is pretty good against three-point shooting. Notre Dame is not going to exploit any weakness we have in the paint.

Question will be, can we score with them because they will score

I agree... Like every game we will play this season, I think that our ability to win the game hinges primarily on how well we shoot the ball.

If we shoot it at a strong percentage (and avoid stupid turnovers), we stand a good chance to win this game.

If we get into a position of not being able to throw it in the ocean, then we will likely lose it going away.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Some real poor shooting nights for some players..

Screenshot_20230110-212050.png

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s like Groundhog Day. Offense goes MIA and blows it. No organization at end just dribble it around and throw up a low percentage shot. Torture to be a GT fan these days.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
The end of the first half, regulation, and overtime!!! That was the game. We let them dribble down and execute a buzzer beater at the half. We run some garbage play at the end of regulation. Then we chuck up some pass to the last guy that needs to have the ball at the end of overtime. 3.7 is forever! Run something!!!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The end of the first half, regulation, and overtime!!! That was the game. We let them dribble down and execute a buzzer beater at the half. We run some garbage play at the end of regulation. Then we chuck up some pass to the last guy that needs to have the ball at the end of overtime. 3.7 is forever! Run something!!!
I could not believe we called a 0.5 second alley oop lob play to a 6’7 dude. That was actually Pastner’s worst of the 3 set plays to win.

Edit: actually all 3 were so hard to watch, it is truly hard to pick the worst. The one with 7 seconds on the shot clock at the end of regulation 🙈

Last edited: