Not interchangeable

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Based on last year alone you may be right. But it hinges on Duke's abilities vs. Tech's readiness to play. We'll have some problems at the edge no doubt. By the same token it is a great stretch to consider Duke's team the rough equivalent of Notre Dame. Make no mistake we saw some terrific athletes on the field Saturday, maybe better than Clemson or FSU. We're going to have to hit one I'm sure, but one is about what it will take to get Duke back to a normal alignment. For sure they cannot adopt ND's tactics without the skills, and that they don't have. I am peeved, still, about Cutcliffee's gratuitous slam at GT recruiting, but it doesn't change my opinion of his coaching. He can coach. It may be a forlorn hope but I think Notre Dame was this year's equivalent of Duke, Kansas and Middle Tennessee. Now we've had it and it's time to cinch it up and get after somebody.
Last year we followed the Duke performance with the UNC one.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Duke and UNC? I hope you do it on bereavement time.

The biggest UNC "mouth" in the office ranted about our "illegal cut" blocking last year, thinking it was chop blocking. I told him that to be so ignorant, he must have taken the same classes as the UNC athletes. Badly want to beat them as well.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Here's the deal with me.

As disappointed as I was with the Notre Dame game I will heal very quickly if we can just beat the tar out of Duke and UNC. Or perhaps it is beat the devil out of Duke and beat the tar out of UNC.

But I digress. I am confessing to my sisters and brothers right now. I really want to crush those two teams. I want it bad.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The biggest UNC "mouth" in the office ranted about our "illegal cut" blocking last year, thinking it was chop blocking. I told him that to be so ignorant, he must have taken the same classes as the UNC athletes. Badly want to beat them as well.
Don't you find it remarkable, I mean really remarkable, that so many died in the wool fans of one team or another who apparently follow football with some degree of loyalty, don't have a clue what cut blocking is? Good grief. I learned it, more or less, in HS years ago and never even heard of a chop block until the UNCs of this world needed an excuse for getting blistered. I am with you. They are unbearable, and to have to deal with UNC and Duke in the office and (apparently) read the N&O and its stable of dimwits is beyond the pale.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Here's the deal with me.

As disappointed as I was with the Notre Dame game I will heal very quickly if we can just beat the tar out of Duke and UNC. Or perhaps it is beat the devil out of Duke and beat the tar out of UNC.

But I digress. I am confessing to my sisters and brothers right now. I really want to crush those two teams. I want it bad.
You are forgiven. Go forth and sin some more. Both devils and tars.