North Carolina Hires New DC - Geoff Collins

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So what is a likely salary profile for TFP?

I think he likes / hates us so much that he will defer his salary at UNC till the Salary from Gt runs out. That way we are paying him while he coaches against us. His defered salary would be in the form of a garanteed long term irrevocable declining 10 year annuity.
Unc could plan for the future w no current expense. Could be rolled into a possible UNC HC hire.
I would love for TFP to be at UNC for a decade.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Whether or not he is actually a decent coordinator and just bottom tier head coach - losing to anything he affiliates with would hurt so much and you know he’d go clowning on social media like a teenage girl about it
It would be fun to see UNC become likely our new biggest rival, but it would a MUST win situation at least for me.
We could put up 58 points against his D (like multiple teams did to us) but if UNC somehow got 59 he’d be like “sometimes you just have to find a place where their priorities match yours”

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Honestly, on paper, just based on past DC performance, this makes sense for UNC and is a good hire. If we hire Durkin, it would not be totally dissimilar, and I think I would be good with a Durkin hire. Also, he has a reputation as a good recruiter (which was one of the main reasons we hired him).

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Somebody please link a UNC fan forum I need to see the naturally volatile reaction to this.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I figured someone would give him a shot soon. He was a pretty good DC for 4 straight years in the SEC under offensive minded coaches. This could work out well for them. Or it could go miserably bad. It will be pretty interesting to watch.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Somebody please link a UNC fan forum I need to see the naturally volatile reaction to this.

I dunno, they seem pretty pumped. Here was one Tar Heel board comment, for instance:

Just a thought, could this also function as a S&C hire? Geoff Collins at GT was known for focusing on weight lifting all the way up to kickoff.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
So what is a likely salary profile for TFP?

I think he likes / hates us so much that he will defer his salary at UNC till the Salary from Gt runs out. That way we are paying him while he coaches against us. His defered salary would be in the form of a garanteed long term irrevocable declining 10 year annuity.
Unc could plan for the future w no current expense. Could be rolled into a possible UNC HC hire.
I would love for TFP to be at UNC for a decade.

There is no offset in his contract. He was written a check per my sources when he was fired. There is no claw back on anything paid to him. The incompetence of our former AD is unbelievable. I think he is the only one who bought was MofBS was selling, hook, line and sinker.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Collins doesn't stay anywhere for long so I don't expect this to be a lengthy arrangement even if he does well at UNC.

Maybe I'm wearing gold tinted glasses, but given the scheme that Faulkner runs with our option concepts, we will run Collins's defense ragged.

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
My son is a student at UNC so I have been to several unc football games with him over last two years. I will be at the Tech game next year in CH pulling for the jackets but won’t go to any others with collins there. I was hoping I would never hear from MofBS again but now he’s gonna **** all over my sons team. Dammit.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
My son is a student at UNC so I have been to several unc football games with him over last two years. I will be at the Tech game next year in CH pulling for the jackets but won’t go to any others with collins there. I was hoping I would never hear from MofBS again but now he’s gonna **** all over my sons team. Dammit.
So sorry for your loss. (And the seemingly upcoming losses). :(