Non-player rumor from UF

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Because these so-called fans are tearing down the team (coaches are part of the team) in the middle of a season during Year3 when Year2 was a COVID year. No problem with having a strong dislike for the coaching staff, but the analysis of why they're bitching about said coaches is weak and those spouting that crap deserve to be denigrated.

Again, you are projecting your own opinions as the correct ones. You don't get to choose how other fans interpret our season so far. Coming to terms with that fact will keep your blood pressure in check.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
You can be a fan of a sports team or an institution and yet still have a strong dislike for the coaching staff. I'm not sure why you keep denigrating the fan base just because they don't all think exactly like you do...
Well to be fair the poster in question made an incredibly dumb post, we would be giving up millions in buyout money if we followed his advice. This whole thread is idiotic, it’s the equivalent of a what would i buy if i won the lottery discussion

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Well to be fair the poster in question made an incredibly dumb post, we would be giving up millions in buyout money if we followed his advice. This whole thread is idiotic, it’s the equivalent of a what would i buy if i won the lottery discussion

Agreed. This whole thread is proof that stupid flows fast from the mouth of a fool. (Not calling the OP a fool, but whoever concocted the rumor he "reported" surely is)

My other point stands. Even foolishness like this does not make one a crappy fan, just a gullible one.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. This whole thread is proof that stupid flows fast from the mouth of a fool. (Not calling the OP a fool, but whoever concocted the rumor he "reported" surely is)

My other point stands. Even foolishness like this does not make one a crappy fan, just a gullible one.
Now watch. The offer will materialize next week.

I'm not saying it will, but that's the way these things usually work. I don't know how many times this has happened to yours truly.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I'm not saying it will, but that's the way these things usually work. I don't know how many times this has happened to yours truly.

Who cares if there is an offer. If CGC actually entertains such an offer I'll gladly admit I was very wrong in this. What are you willing to bet that never happens, much less an actual overt offer?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Tech must be achieving pain in the posterior status to some sec teams in recruiting. Look for a trend between now and mid December.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's also the hyperbole from CGC and his fans that is tiresome. We are not doing anything "at a high level". What I've seen of his quotes today seem to be a little refreshing in their honesty. I think if we got a little more of that (honesty about what is not at a high level and what he is doing to get it there) and less blowing smoke, pictures of shoes, etc... some of us would be happier. In the end, W's are what we want. Some of us just don't see that improving anytime soon.
I get that too.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
So my question would be what coach would want to follow Collins here? Knowing that he came back to his “dream job” and left to take a DC job would be a red flag about GT.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No. I'd rather someone who wants to ***** and complain actually know what they're talking about before they ***** and complain. Reaction to this particular post was probably a cumulative effect. What I'm tired of is dumb-*** fans that think they know more that the coaches that are hired by really smart people and paid truckloads of money to coach.
It’s the times we live in. Experts are ridiculed, whether in science, medicine, theology, foreign policy, law, psychology, history etc., etc., etc. It makes the “little guy” feel like he is equal to or superior to anyone, regardless of background, knowledge or credentials. The American way.

Sports used to be one of the few areas where it was acceptable to yell “throw the bums out” and to second guess the experts. Now that so many people are in a low level rage about EVERYTHING there are no constraints left at all on sports discussions. I’m amazed that sites like this can even hold it together.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
It’s the times we live in. Experts are ridiculed, whether in science, medicine, theology, foreign policy, law, psychology, history etc., etc., etc. It makes the “little guy” feel like he is equal to or superior to anyone, regardless of background, knowledge or credentials. The American way.

Sports used to be one of the few areas where it was acceptable to yell “throw the bums out” and to second guess the experts. Now that so many people are in a low level rage about EVERYTHING there are no constraints left at all on sports discussions. I’m amazed that sites like this can even hold it together.
Probably the best post I have ever read ...........on EVERYTHING !! Is this a great country, or what ?
Rudy Giuliani Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
First, please don’t shoot the Messenger, this comes from a guy who played for UF and is still friends with his QB from that team. The Qb does a local Gameday show, so he is connected…..

Word is that UF really wants to bring back cgc to be DC and are willing to do what it takes to get him out of his GT contract. I’m not saying that this is going to happen, but just that UF wants him back. Yes I know nobody is really going to want to take a step back from HC to DC. IF we only win 3 games this year I could see him on the hot seat next year due to the preseason ajc article about winning now. He could leave that way he isn’t fired from his dream job and could help GT out financially since UF would pay money for him to get out of his contract.
You do know, he was the DC at Ms State when we beat them in the Orange Bowl and ran for many, many yards. I dont think UF would want him but, they sure need to get rid of the current DC Grantham

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, me too. I've seen things that I swore would never happen. It's a changing and unpredictable world we live in. But that having been said, I'd bet the house against this one.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
No way. Mullin literally laughed at Collins for making a lateral change. Dreaming.
Were a a HC -- Mullen -- who had his DC -- Collins -- bail on him weeks before a major bowl game, I wouldn't even let him drive through Gainesville. I think, unfortunately, we can write this one off as two college friends shooting the breeze with a bunch of what-ifs.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Who cares if there is an offer. If CGC actually entertains such an offer I'll gladly admit I was very wrong in this. What are you willing to bet that never happens, much less an actual overt offer?
If Florida is patient, not a given with that fan base, they can probably get Manny real cheap soon or they could just promote Randy Shannon who was a competent defensive coordinator once upon a time. Either way, Coach Collins is not going anywhere anytime soon, certainly not as someone else's head coach for sure.