Non-player rumor from UF

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This is one of the dumbest rumors I have ever heard.
Collins has a fully guaranteed $23M contract. If he is fired before season 5 he gets every penny of that $23M.
If anyone thinks a person is going to give up $14M of guaranteed money for an approx $1M contract that won't be guaranteed, that is the most irrational thinking i've ever seen.
Also, taking a demotion from an HC job to a DC job is not going to make it more likely he will get hired for an HC job in the future, just the opposite.

There is literally no scenario where this makes sense as a move for Collins. He gets alot less money (which negatively impacts his family) for a less secure job with lower pay and it hurts his long term chances of being a HC.

Fans may be frustrated with Collins but this is simply not rational thinking.
Collins may or may not succeed here, but he is going to be given alot of rope to see. The money men wanted him hired, they will not be quick to get him canned (no one likes to admit they made a mistake, if that is ultimately what Collins will be, which we do not know yet).

FIFY.

The rest was pointless. The two bolded sentences were all that needed to be said. :ROFLMAO:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don't shoot the messenger guys but .... I had tacos for dinner last night.

Well, that's not true. I actually has spaghetti but I said "don't shoot the messenger" so it's all good.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
You can be a fan of a sports team or an institution and yet still have a strong dislike for the coaching staff. I'm not sure why you keep denigrating the fan base just because they don't all think exactly like you do...
I mean to come to a message board as a fan of a team that has won 9 of our last 29 games and be frustrated or disappointed that other fans aren't positive on where we are as a program or to find fans frustrated with our staff and the results they have achieved...

I mean if I didn't care, why would I be here at all...

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Regardless of what you think about Collins as a coach, it would be a black eye for the program to have a head coach leave for a coordinator job at a different school. It would signal to any prospective head coach “Georgia Tech is such a toxic environment to coach in that it’s better to be a defensive coordinator at UF than a head coach at Georgia Tech.” And UF has a lot of money, but I don’t think they’d buy out Collins’ contract just so he’d be their DC. Much easier to poach a DC from somewhere else.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I'm gonna give you to the count of 10 to add "don't kill the messenger" to your post. Then the gloves come off ...

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Idols Global

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You can be a fan of a sports team or an institution and yet still have a strong dislike for the coaching staff. I'm not sure why you keep denigrating the fan base just because they don't all think exactly like you do...
Because these so-called fans are tearing down the team (coaches are part of the team) in the middle of a season during Year3 when Year2 was a COVID year. No problem with having a strong dislike for the coaching staff, but the analysis of why they're bitching about said coaches is weak and those spouting that crap deserve to be denigrated.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He'd rather be the only fan in the stadium than have a fanbase that doesn't blindly support everything.

Edit - on a related note, #1 fan ColoradoJacket appears to have been banned.
No. I'd rather someone who wants to ***** and complain actually know what they're talking about before they ***** and complain. Reaction to this particular post was probably a cumulative effect. What I'm tired of is dumb-*** fans that think they know more that the coaches that are hired by really smart people and paid truckloads of money to coach.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Because these so-called fans are tearing down the team (coaches are part of the team) in the middle of a season during Year3 when Year2 was a COVID year. No problem with having a strong dislike for the coaching staff, but the analysis of why they're bitching about said coaches is weak and those spouting that crap deserve to be denigrated.

I don't even think you denigrated anybody. Calling out a bad take isn't denigrating.

Also, silly rumor aside, as for those who are calling for a straight up firing? No worthy coach on earth would take this job if we canned Collins after 3 years under our particular circumstances.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I mean to come to a message board as a fan of a team that has won 9 of our last 29 games and be frustrated or disappointed that other fans aren't positive on where we are as a program or to find fans frustrated with our staff and the results they have achieved...

I mean if I didn't care, why would I be here at all...
I get this. I get the frustration. I'm frustrated we're not better too. It's the hyperbole and other crap that is also frustrating me. I get not everyone sees what I see, or wants to see what I see. I do believe we all want GT to be outstanding.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I get this. I get the frustration. I'm frustrated we're not better too. It's the hyperbole and other crap that is also frustrating me. I get not everyone sees what I see, or wants to see what I see. I do believe we all want GT to be outstanding.
It's also the hyperbole from CGC and his fans that is tiresome. We are not doing anything "at a high level". What I've seen of his quotes today seem to be a little refreshing in their honesty. I think if we got a little more of that (honesty about what is not at a high level and what he is doing to get it there) and less blowing smoke, pictures of shoes, etc... some of us would be happier. In the end, W's are what we want. Some of us just don't see that improving anytime soon.