Non-Conference Schedule/Record?

GT_EE78

Banned
If you mean that Moses is gonna be better than his unranked rating then yea, I think so too.A great find for cjp. jr year would be fine and reasonable. We;re still most at risk for having an adequate 4 in acc play. AD 's shooting range remains best described as "dunk"(kinda like ivano newbill if u remember) but if 2 0f 4 non'lammers bigs contribute this year, the team will be better than otherwise.I still like saying" Moses gonna lead us to the promised land." even if i'm a year or two premature. Go Jackets!

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure how you watch that first game and see Moses leading us anywhere.
I think I'll have to disagree with you on that note. The kid is in an adjustment stage. Came out of school playing the 5 to now playing the 3. Yes he may have played a little timid against a #21 UCLA but at the end of the day it was just one game. Don't be surprised to see a STRONG bounce back game from Wright next week. He will gain consistency over time. It's going to be a fun season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think I'll have to disagree with you on that note. The kid is in an adjustment stage. Came out of school playing the 5 to now playing the 3. Yes he may have played a little timid against a #21 UCLA but at the end of the day it was just one game. Don't be surprised to see a STRONG bounce back game from Wright next week. He will gain consistency over time. It's going to be a fun season.

He’s a freshman who is no doubt skilled, and I have also said he will probably be good as an upperclassman, but to expect him to lead THIS team is a mistake. Dominated Faulkner and then looked very uncomfortable against a higher level of competition, which was to be expected.That comfort will come with time I have no doubt.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Technical Foul on the name.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
He’s a freshman who is no doubt skilled, and I have also said he will probably be good as an upperclassman, but to expect him to lead THIS team is a mistake. Dominated Faulkner and then looked very uncomfortable against a higher level of competition, which was to be expected.That comfort will come with time I have no doubt.
I don’t think anyone thinks that Wright will lead this team this year. He will be get better each year until he is a great player. This is Ben’s team to lead right now. This freshman class will be great in a few years.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Referring to this @Jumpman
I see, I’m pretty pro Moses (Cole, Jose, & CGB too) but he won’t lead us to the promised land this year. He will improve in some aspect of his game during each game of the season. However, I think that many posters are just saying that because it’s catchy and fun. At least I hope that’s it and they aren’t putting too much message board pressure on him.

Now @jumpman919, we need to talk about your name.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
No doubt about he looked uncomfortable for majority of the night but I think most of the uncomfort came from not being able to develop a rhythm due to being sit out the game too prematurely. Not sure exactly, but from watching it I believed Wright was benched early ( about 3/4 mins into the game) , which appeared to be due to some defensive flaws. From there it seemed as if he was playing just to stay in the game and not end up back on the bench.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No doubt about he looked uncomfortable for majority of the night but I think most of the uncomfort came from not being able to develop a rhythm due to being sit out the game too prematurely. Not sure exactly, but from watching it I believed Wright was benched early ( about 3/4 mins into the game) , which appeared to be due to some defensive flaws. From there it seemed as if he was playing just to stay in the game and not end up back on the bench.

Just my two cents, but he got benched because he took two atrocious three point attempts WAY early in the clock.

If a starter gets yanked early and sits for a lengthy period of time, and they're not in foul trouble, it is usually a message.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I just think you are making this decision a bit prematurely. The kid put up 17 pts and 13 boards elevating Tech to a W. Yes it was an exhibition game yes it was an NAIA school but without that performance Tech probably would have lost. Wright will be a big factor Tech this season. Give him a month to adjust and we will revisit this topic soon.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I just think you are making this decision a bit prematurely. The kid put up 17 pts and 13 boards elevating Tech to a W. Yes it was an exhibition game yes it was an NAIA school but without that performance Tech probably would have lost. Wright will be a big factor Tech this season. Give him a month to adjust and we will revisit this topic soon.

My decision? I didn’t make a decision, I saw the kid play twice and drew a conclusion as to what to expect. 98% of that conclusion had nothing to do with those games. He’s a freshman, a late bloomer, who is still learning to play, in the ACC. The other 2% is that little bit of a double chicken wing on his jumper sometimes. He tucks that right elbow in and brings that ball a little higher two things are going to happen. Those 8 ft jumpers he missed against UCLA become a lot easier, and that jumper becomes nearly impossible to block.

Let me give an example. 4 or 5 years ago we signed a kid ranked around 340 or so. Good athlete, great measurables, good frame (sound familiar?). Some people saw him play early in a scrimmage and reported that he had a really nice foul line jumper that was going to become a weapon, this kid has high upside. That recruit? AD Gueye. You ever seen that jump shot? I haven’t.

Is Moses AD? Doubtful.
Is he Muhammad Faye? **** I hope not.
Is he Kevin Durant? No.
Could he be Markis McDuffie? Hmmmmm

Prognosticators miss sometimes but they rarely miss so bad that a mid tier three star kid that some of the sharpest guys on this board knew nothing about when we were recruiting him ends up coming out of literally nowhere and leading an ACC program as a freshman.

Muhammad Faye. Paco Diaw. Hell people out there were believing Jon Brown was going to contribute as a walk on. This fan base sometimes get caught up in the measurables that they forget about the development and learning.

No one hopes he turns out to be Kevin Durant more than me and averages 17 and 10. But the likelihood of that happening is foolishly low.

Yes I know no one mentioned Durant. I was speaking in hyperbole.