Non-Conference Schedule/Record?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So, our non-Conference schedule has the following opponents: #21 UCLA*, Bethune-Cookman, UT Rio Grande Valley, North Texas, #19 Northwestern, Grambling, Tennessee, Wofford, Florida A&M, Georgia, Wright State, Coppin State, and Yale after conference games start.

How many of these games will we win?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Given where we are starting from this year I would probably pick 8-5 and be happily surprised at 9-4. I expect this team will be all over the board this year - ups we don't expect and downs that send us into depression.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm expecting 8-5, wouldn't be shocked with 7-6. Anything better than 8-5 i'd be very happy with.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
9-4 or 8-5 sounds about right considering the current circumstance. If the team performs well during conference play, and we're on the bubble, hopefully the committee will look back and see we didn't have our first and third top scorer during the beginning the season.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Depends on how long TJ and JO are out. Then they have to get back into game rhythm. I can see 8-5/7-6. Losses coming to Ucla, NW, Uga, UT, Wofford (Being an away game, that was a trap before the suspensions/injury) and Yale isn't a push over either. But until we know how long this drags out it's hard to say. So I'm making this pick off of a 9/10 game suspension.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Without Tadric and Josh.... we should expect the worse... 6-6 will be a blessing... (could be 4-8 if Wofford and Grambling beat us)
#21 UCLA*- L
Bethune-Cookman -W
UT Rio Grande Valley -L
North Texas- W
#19 Northwestern - L
Grambling- W
Tennessee - L
Wofford - W
Florida A&M
Georgia - L
Wright State - L
Coppin State - W
Yale - W

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
They won’t be gone that long. Hopefully Tadric will be back for the tennesee or Wofford game and hopefully josh o will be back for the UGA. Those are worst case scenario. Hopefully the NCAA will be kind to us and not make them sit out that long but we shall see.
Without Tadric and Josh.... we should expect the worse... 6-6 will be a blessing... (could be 4-8 if Wofford and Grambling beat us)
#21 UCLA*- L
Bethune-Cookman -W
UT Rio Grande Valley -L
North Texas- W
#19 Northwestern - L
Grambling- W
Tennessee - L
Wofford - W
Florida A&M
Georgia - L
Wright State - L
Coppin State - W
Yale - W

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
#21 UCLA*- L
Bethune-Cookman -W
UT Rio Grande Valley -W
North Texas- W
#19 Northwestern - L
Grambling- W
Tennessee - L
Wofford - W
Florida A&M-W
Georgia - L
Wright State - W
Coppin State - W
Yale - L

8-5

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
#21 UCLA*- L
Bethune-Cookman -W
UT Rio Grande Valley -W
North Texas- W
#19 Northwestern - L
Grambling- W
Tennessee - L
Wofford - W
Florida A&M-W
Georgia - L
Wright State - W
Coppin State - W
Yale - L

8-5
I had us winning both Ga and Yale because both suspended players will be back and the rest of the team will have gained a lot of experience.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Wins
Bethune-Cookman
UT Rio Grande Valley
North Texas
Grambling
Florida A&M
Wright State
Coppin State
Yale

Losses
#21 UCLA*
#19 Northwestern

Toss-up (think we win 1 of these, hopefully two)
Tennessee
Georgia
Wofford

9-4

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
How long are Tadric and Josh out? If they miss a majority of these games we'll be 7-6 probably. If they're back after 3-4 games I think we could go 10-3. We need 10 wins OOC I would think if we want to go dancing, and follow that up with 9-9 in the ACC.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
As said above, this completely depends on the outcome for JO and Tadric. Wouldn't bet anything at this point. Let the NCAA speak...soon hopefully.

JanKemp

Georgia Tech Fan
So, our non-Conference schedule has the following opponents: #21 UCLA*, Bethune-Cookman, UT Rio Grande Valley, North Texas, #19 Northwestern, Grambling, Tennessee, Wofford, Florida A&M, Georgia, Wright State, Coppin State, and Yale after conference games start.

How many of these games will we win?
9 maybe 10, I think everyone is back for the Ugag game right?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
@Peacone36 I have same outlook you do on OOC games. Think Yale could tip our way given that it's a later game and we'll be at full strength and in mid-season form.

GT_EE78

Banned
now that i'm feeling more optimistic, id go with 8-5, then 10-8, plus two acc tourny wins and Moses leads us to the promised land.