Non-adidas GT Swag

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Most of the vintage stuff that's been created is really not very good imo, especially with the wealth of cool material available from a program as historic and tradition rich as GT is. I'm prepared to be disappointed but hopeful.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I posted a while back, in another thread about other options with the same approach.

The faux vintage stuff is kinda cool, and I’m not trying to complain about more choice in the market, but agree there are similar offerings other places.
Not with this kind of quality and not with the care they put into their designs. The closest thing we currently have is the print-on-demand Vintage site, which I just don't see as being a very high quality product, especially in terms of printing. I'm pretty excited about Homefield after having seen their collections for other schools. I hope our fans will buy enough of their merch to provide evidence that when presented with quality designs, we will show up and buy.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Not with this kind of quality and not with the care they put into their designs. The closest thing we currently have is the print-on-demand Vintage site, which I just don't see as being a very high quality product, especially in terms of printing. I'm pretty excited about Homefield after having seen their collections for other schools. I hope our fans will buy enough of their merch to provide evidence that when presented with quality designs, we will show up and buy.
I guess I just don’t see that “quality” or “care” in the designs. I’ve handled the Homefield products before (obviously for other schools), and I’m not impressed in the slightest. Especially so given the hype around Homefield.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I guess I just don’t see that “quality” or “care” in the designs. I’ve handled the Homefield products before (obviously for other schools), and I’m not impressed in the slightest. Especially so given the hype around Homefield.
OK. Name me someone currently doing a line of vintage t-shirts for Georgia Tech.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
OK. Name me someone currently doing a line of vintage t-shirts for Georgia Tech.
This was my previous post:
Post in thread '2021 Adidas SWAG watch'
https://gtswarm.com/threads/2021-adidas-swag-watch.22853/post-774078

Also H/T to the admins the search was WAY too easy to not just go ahead and do.
Thanks for making it work so smoothly.

The Hill Flint stuff (sweaters only) feels really nice and is high quality.

The Vintage brand stuff I haven’t ever handled so no comment on quality, but they have a bunch of older logos and designs.

Also, new to the game but a GT Alum Company, Section 103 is making noise and worth the cost of admission IMHO.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I’d have to go with Vintage Brands. Vintage stuff doesn’t really interest me (don’t like our older logos/mascots), but I’ve had both it (Vintage Brand) and Homefield in hand for UGA gear. Not at the same time/side by side, but I don’t recall anything overly different in quality between the two to make me swoon over the Homefield. And looking at the lineups of the two right now online, they look very similar in vintage stuff for UGA, so I’d assume it would be similar when Homefield makes GT stuff. But again, I’d rather have modern white and gold gear. Our vintage apparel seems to not be white and gold. At best it’s usually a mustard color, or cheddar yellow, because that’s what the logos and mascots were.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Well, I’d have to go with Vintage Brands. Vintage stuff doesn’t really interest me (don’t like our older logos/mascots), but I’ve had both it (Vintage Brand) and Homefield in hand for UGA gear. Not at the same time/side by side, but I don’t recall anything overly different in quality between the two to make me swoon over the Homefield. And looking at the lineups of the two right now online, they look very similar in vintage stuff for UGA, so I’d assume it would be similar when Homefield makes GT stuff. But again, I’d rather have modern white and gold gear. Our vintage apparel seems to not be white and gold. At best it’s usually a mustard color, or cheddar yellow, because that’s what the logos and mascots were.
OK, just going to have to disagree with you about the quality of the designs between those 2 vendors, big time. Not even remotely in the same ballpark.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I do. The Vintage brand is literally just hastily scanned old images, some of which look alright on clothing and some of which really don't--there might as well be no human involvement in that process at all.
Maybe that’s why I can’t tell much of a difference between the two, even when it’s been in hand. I don’t care for vintage logos…at all…won’t even match our team’s colors on the field.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

This I can agree with about colors. So much of the "vintage" stuff is made up of 70s-80s stuff that was really bad, black and yellow garbage (yes Buzz was always black and yellow, but back in the day dressed in W&G). Most of our memorabilia and logos before the seventies were almost always white and gold though (like the Wreck!) which is what I'm hoping to see.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
This was my previous post:
Post in thread '2021 Adidas SWAG watch'
https://gtswarm.com/threads/2021-adidas-swag-watch.22853/post-774078

Also H/T to the admins the search was WAY too easy to not just go ahead and do.
Thanks for making it work so smoothly.

The Hill Flint stuff (sweaters only) feels really nice and is high quality.

The Vintage brand stuff I haven’t ever handled so no comment on quality, but they have a bunch of older logos and designs.

Also, new to the game but a GT Alum Company, Section 103 is making noise and worth the cost of admission IMHO.
I love Section 103, but they don’t have a vintage license. Hill Flint only does sweaters, sweatshirts.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
This I can agree with about colors. So much of the "vintage" stuff is made up of 70s-80s stuff that was really bad, black and yellow garbage (yes Buzz was always black and yellow, but back in the day dressed in W&G). Most of our memorabilia and logos before the seventies were almost always white and gold though (like the Wreck!) which is what I'm hoping to see.
I’d almost be willing to bet a sizable amount on anything “gold” vintage produced by Homefield will NOT be anything close to our current gold, and be more cheddar or mustard. Therefore it can stay in the past for all I care. Or it’ll be on neutral bases like white, gray, navy or black. I want gold tops for game day in BDS.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I’d almost be willing to bet a sizable amount on anything “gold” vintage produced by Homefield will NOT be anything close to our current gold, and be more cheddar or mustard. Therefore it can stay in the past for all I care. Or it’ll be on neutral bases like white, gray, navy or black. I want gold tops for game day in BDS.
I don’t have a problem with any of this. I wear our current gold, or white, to games. Away from the stadium, I wear navy, or gray, or whatever millions of shades of yellow to dark old gold we’ve used in the past 100+ years.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t have a problem with any of this. I wear our current gold, or white, to games. Away from the stadium, I wear navy, or gray, or whatever millions of shades of yellow to dark old gold we’ve used in the past 100+ years.
Well good. Maybe they will sell some of it if they make it. For me, the old logos/styles just don’t cut it. Aside from the block “T” or the Wreck, I don’t like any of our older marks we’ve used. Give me those, the occasional Buzz, or mainly a white GT on gold, or god GT on white and I’m good. Please none of that sickly looking hornet looking creature!

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Well good. Maybe they will sell some of it if they make it. For me, the old logos/styles just don’t cut it. Aside from the block “T” or the Wreck, I don’t like any of our older marks we’ve used. Give me those, the occasional Buzz, or mainly a white GT on gold, or god GT on white and I’m good. Please none of that sickly looking hornet looking creature!
If it’s good enough for the back of the wreck it’s good enough for me. Give me this all day long -

B69F9FD1-CCC4-4291-B2E0-72D6DFA63601.jpeg

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
For your needlepoint sunglasses strap needs. Or a needlepoint wrapped flask.