No uga

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
No UGA this year, SEC not allowing out of conference games.

Do I hear Mercer anyone?
Could be the end of the series for a long time. You know we don't want clem/uga both on the road in the same year. And you know uga is going to want their home game next year.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Could be the end of the series for a long time. You know we don't want clem/uga both on the road in the same year. And you know uga is going to want their home game next year.

I would say I don’t see something as petty as that ending one of the oldest rivalries, but a lot of classic college football rivalries have ended due to conference re-alignment over the years, so who knows. I never would have thought A&M and Texas would have ended, but here we are.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I would say I don’t see something as petty as that ending one of the oldest rivalries, but a lot of classic college football rivalries have ended due to conference re-alignment over the years, so who knows. I never would have thought A&M and Texas would have ended, but here we are.
I think money would certainly end it. I'm all for it. I'd love to see us rotate in aub, bama, ut, uscE, uf in their place. And eventually add them back in the mix.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I think you're putting the emphasis on the wrong thing. We wanted one of them to be a home game every year for attraction purposes because the years we had neither at home we drew a lot less. Not playing UGA has the same issue as playing both away and the added problem of not playing them at all.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So, the SEC is chickening out of playing out of conference games! :chicken:😜
The traditional rivalry games may still end up being played. The teams that have that game the last week of the year have a pretty easy way to justify it because they arent' playing conference teams after that game. But not everyone is in that scenario...so I'm certain they're worried about Vandy going out and playing some random non-conference game mid-year and then circling back and playing a conference opponent.

My guess is that Tech-uGA, Florida-FSU, Kentucky-Louisville, and Clemson-SC all still happen...just at the end fo the year.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you're putting the emphasis on the wrong thing. We wanted one of them to be a home game every year for attraction purposes because the years we had neither at home we drew a lot less. Not playing UGA has the same issue as playing both away and the added problem of not playing them at all.
Not if we replace them with bama, aub, ut, UscE, uf, tosu, penn st, etc. don’t think it will be hard to attract a marquee opponent to one of the most fertile recruiting areas in the country and the college football capital.

That's just tough s**t on their part. Tech, nor the ACC, cancelled it. The SEC did, and they need to live with the results of such a stupid decision.