No Players Invited to the Combine

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Kind of a measure of where GT stands in the grand scheme. Pretty disappointing. I feel sorry for the players.

Hope the new staff changes this immediately.

Kelly Quinlan just said some words that is indicative of why CGC keeps emphasizing "NFL...developmental program...NFL Offense...NFL defense..."

Gotta change the narrative of GT if you want to attract kids of NFL caliber.

Deleted member 2897

This is part of what annoys me about the stupid ACC All Conference Awards. Folks like ASA regularly get snubbed. Even our kicker who never missed a kick didn't get an award when guys with similar kick volume by several missed kicks did get awards. Happens every year. Hopefully its like the BS bye weeks we always had to deal with that now miraculously went away and our guys will start getting the recognition they deserve.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Only ACC school to not have a player invited. I hate that. Please no one get mad at me or think I am taking shots, but honestly, this is more evidence that our way of doing things was not sustainable, anymore, even though we had good results with it in the past. For our best players to not even get a look....it should never happen.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Only ACC school to not have a player invited. I hate that. Please no one get mad at me or think I am taking shots, but honestly, this is more evidence that our way of doing things was not sustainable, anymore, even though we had good results with it in the past. For our best players to not even get a look....it should never happen.

This is why CGC keeps emphasizing "NFL development" when he's in front of the mike. As a coach who's out there recruiting, how do you overcome a recruit pointing to piece paper and asking our coaches why "Georgia Tech" isn't on the list. Playing in the NFL shouldn't be the biggest factor, but you don't want to show that GT won't give a recruit a good shot either.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Looking at espn - players in NFL by college, we have had a drought recently - milton and gotsis

And first orange bowl guys are 32 ish.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Anree is the most likely to stick with a team, but there are some other guys that will get a shot. Hopefully they show out on pro day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Crazy ASA didn't get an invite. Whoever is in charge of the combine invites has lousy evaluation skills.
Ok, so I know this isn't going to be popular...but here goes anyways. I appreciate ASA and enjoyed watching him play, however, if you take the gold colored glasses off, he doesn't deserve an NFL combine invite. Over 4 years, he recorded 123 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 23.5 TFLs, 4 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, and 2 INTs. That's a good SINGLE season for the top players. If I'm not mistaken, only about 15 players at each position get invited.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This is part of what annoys me about the stupid ACC All Conference Awards. Folks like ASA regularly get snubbed. Even our kicker who never missed a kick didn't get an award when guys with similar kick volume by several missed kicks did get awards. Happens every year. Hopefully its like the BS bye weeks we always had to deal with that now miraculously went away and our guys will start getting the recognition they deserve.
The league is run by the North Carolina schools. League headquarters in Greensboro and commissioner former UNC AD. It was a BB dominated conference back in the past but Clemson success and expansion has gotten FB more exposure. Best thing that could happen is to get rid of Swafford.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Yes, I heard that this morning from Mark and Wes on the ACC channel on SiriusXM. Said that there were 46 ACC players invited, with only GT not having a player invited. Clemson has the most with 11 , and Louisville, VT, UVA, and Pitt have the least with 1 each.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Not really surprised. Pretty much status quo for the last few years.

Any of our guys that could have been invited were real stretches. They can still work their way on rosters though through good pro day showings and individual workouts

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Over 4 years, he recorded 123 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 23.5 TFLs, 4 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, and 2 INTs. That's a good SINGLE season for the top players
For a single season? Hell,those are Hall of Fame numbers for a single season.

ASA developed into a really good player for us his final year, that's where his best stats come from. Just because he didn't make the combine doesn't mean he won't get drafted or won't take advantage of his chance if he is a UFA.