NIL in CBB

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Woof! Fine by me, but that's rough.

I dont blame any school for being uncomfortable with a guy like that. He's not doing it for charity so he's likely gonna want something in return.

And there's no telling if some weirdo might end up being a negative influence in some way. Imagine if the Ron Smell character was a money guy like this. Would it have been a good thing to give him access and influence?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I dont blame any school for being uncomfortable with a guy like that. He's not doing it for charity so he's likely gonna want something in return.

And there's no telling if some weirdo might end up being a negative influence in some way. Imagine if the Ron Smell character was a money guy like this. Would it have been a good thing to give him access and influence?
Um…..didn’t we?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is part of what I was referencing in the Transfer thread re: Edwards.

If you want to see a meltdown, check out Syracusefan.com -> Edwards thread.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is part of what I was referencing in the Transfer thread re: Edwards.

If you want to see a meltdown, check out Syracusefan.com -> Edwards thread.
I saw a little of that thread.
Seems like there are at least a few that would like to throw out the Chancellor and bring back the money man. (Which would occur at any school).

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Not directed at you but I hate Twitter and blog reporting. Awful, generic, incoherent and incomplete thoughts compiled as breaking info... I can take away about 20 things from this blurb and 18 of them are contradictory.
I’m sure I’m missing context.
If valid / accurate; top individual deals are roughly $800k and roughly a dozen top programs have $2.5m+ available for their roster. Is that the takeaway?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not directed at you but I hate Twitter and blog reporting. Awful, generic, incoherent and incomplete thoughts compiled as breaking info... I can take away about 20 things from this blurb and 18 of them are contradictory.
I’m sure I’m missing context.
If valid / accurate; top individual deals are roughly $800k and roughly a dozen top programs have $2.5m+ available for their roster. Is that the takeaway?
It was an interesting article if you click thru, but that's cool.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Big East throwing around big boy money. Not surprised given they don’t have to support FBS football programs as well. Their fanbases are all in on MBB.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
It was an interesting article if you click thru, but that's cool.

Yup... I was missing some context.... the whole damn link!
I don’t know what I did the first time, but I failed accessing the link…all I got was the tweet and the screenshot
Thanks for posting the first time and setting me straight to second time!