Nicknames

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You know, you may be right. I re-listened and I'm not sure if he was referencing both Marcus' or just Marshall. He expanded and only talked about MM, but in the M-Squared sentence by itself he could have been referring to both.

No worries. I didn't hear him say, "M-Squared." I went back and listened, and this is the quote in the context of him talking about Skov:

He's a tough guy to tackle. He plays hard. He likes to play, runs hard, and I think he and, you know, Marcus Squared, for whatever worth, you know it's a pretty good combination. They're different backs. Marcus Marshall is a jump around, dance, speed guy, and Patrick's going to look you up and run over you. So, that's a pretty good combination.​

So, yeah, I don't know. When he says Marcus Squared, as a combination with Skov, I filled it in with Marcus Marshall and Marcus Allen, but then from what comes next it seems that he's only talking about Marcus Marshall, which would make sense as M-Squared.

I don't know.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
You know, you may be right. I re-listened and I'm not sure if he was referencing both Marcus' or just Marshall. He expanded and only talked about MM, but in the M-Squared sentence by itself he could have been referring to both.
He was talking about both because he followed that statement up by saying " if you call Marcus you know one will show up". I think he just temporarily could not roll the last names off his tongue so he said Marcus squared.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
No worries. I didn't hear him say, "M-Squared." I went back and listened, and this is the quote in the context of him talking about Skov:

He's a tough guy to tackle. He plays hard. He likes to play, runs hard, and I think he and, you know, Marcus Squared, for whatever worth, you know it's a pretty good combination. They're different backs. Marcus Marshall is a jump around, dance, speed guy, and Patrick's going to look you up and run over you. So, that's a pretty good combination.​

So, yeah, I don't know. When he says Marcus Squared, as a combination with Skov, I filled it in with Marcus Marshall and Marcus Allen, but then from what comes next it seems that he's only talking about Marcus Marshall, which would make sense as M-Squared.

I don't know.

You quoted the second time he said Marcus squared. In an earlier interview I think it was clear he was talking about both Allen and Marshall when he said Marcus squared. He got a laugh when he said it so he used it again in another interview that you quoted.