Nicknames

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of you have been using nicknames for the guys and I love it! I would like to start a thread with people submitting nicknames that they came up with or already use for the players. Some may require a little explanation and some might just be obvious...I have already seen several good ones on here like (Thunder & Lightning) . I just want to submit a few that I used.

Patrick Skov - "Muy Bueno" (Announcer said this right before commercial break after Skov's second TD) he is Mexican if you're wondering

Shamire Devine - "ShamWow"

Marcus Marshall - "Peanut" in reference to his initials "M&M"

Micheal Summers - "Dim Sum" as in "Dim Sum(mers) great hands"

I know this may seem silly but it just adds to the viewing experience with my family and we had a Great viewing experience last night! Go Jackets!!!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
A lot of you have been using nicknames for the guys and I love it! I would like to start a thread with people submitting nicknames that they came up with or already use for the players. Some may require a little explanation and some might just be obvious...I have already seen several good ones on here like (Thunder & Lightning) . I just want to submit a few that I used.

Patrick Skov - "Muy Bueno" (Announcer said this right before commercial break after Skov's second TD) he is Mexican if you're wondering

Shamire Devine - "ShamWow"

Marcus Marshall - "Peanut" in reference to his initials "M&M"

Micheal Summers - "Dim Sum" as in "Dim Sum(mers) great hands"

I know this may seem silly but it just adds to the viewing experience with my family and we had a Great viewing experience last night! Go Jackets!!!!
It is way too early in the morning to read this.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
JT is Smoov, not JeT. And I agree, either let them come naturally or wait until the team agrees on one. Nothing is worse in this world than forced nicknames.
I know he goes by Smooov, but the "Jet" nickname comes really naturally, even though it's derivative off Jason Terry. Did you see his cut on his first run, before he tried to spin off the defender? He accelerated like a jet being catapulted off an aircraft carrier!

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
I know he goes by Smooov, but the "Jet" nickname comes really naturally, even though it's derivative off Jason Terry. Did you see his cut on his first run, before he tried to spin off the defender? He accelerated like a jet being catapulted off an aircraft carrier!

Eh, I much prefer nicknames that teammates all agree on. He's had the nickname Smoov for a while and still gets called by it, so he's Smoov to me.

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
Did I mention that these are nicknames "I" use when watching with my family? I realize the team will decide the nicknames and I am not trying to "force" them on any player. I would hate to see the reception I would have gotten if we had lost!! To use our beloved mascot's name in vain...#BuzzKill

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
Fans nicknaming players is not something I'm into--but of course do whatever you want in your own home. I will say that The Stove may sort of be an endearing exception that arguably came naturally. I believe that comes from the depth chart pronunciation guide, which essentially was saying, "hey announcers, this dude's last name is pronounced 'Skove', like stove". It just sort of happens that a stove is maybe, sort of built like Skov's body in that it is wide and squarish I suppose. Probably La Estufa would be more fitting, but whatever. The thing I liked last night was seeing Skov look like he was genuinely having a lot of fun. I love seeing it when the kids are legitimately enjoying what they are doing, knowing how hard they work while earning a quality education. Kind of cool.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I saw someone else on here calling Skov "The Stove". He sure hits like one.
Stove...what kind of name is that. Are you an appliance?
large.png

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Was that in addition to calling Marcus Marshall and Marcus Allen, "Marcus Squared"? I only heard this one in the recording you posted.
You know, you may be right. I re-listened and I'm not sure if he was referencing both Marcus' or just Marshall. He expanded and only talked about MM, but in the M-Squared sentence by itself he could have been referring to both.