Nick Chubb vs Travis Custis who would you rather have

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by charles, Feb 18, 2014.

1. charles

charles Jolly Good Fellow

Which freshman back will have the most impact Chubb is Georgia's prized new freshman running back and higher regarded recruit than Custis, They seem to be about the same size but I think Chubb is about 220lb and Custis is around 210lb

2. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

IMHO, I think Custis will have more of an impact than Chubb. The reason isn't because of talent but more due to the depth chart. Chubb still has Gurley (a likely 1st or 2nd round NFL draft pick come 2015) and Marshall in front of him. He also has to battle a fellow 2014 recruit; Sony Michel. Of course, just like last year, UGA could hit the injury bug and everyone

Custis really has only Laskey ahead of him on the depth chart. Laskey is a hard working, maximize my talents every which way to sunday type player but lets be realistic here, he ain't no Gurley (to be fair, not many backs in the nation are in that class). The road to playing is much easier for Custis and if he is as talented as we think he is, he'll be able to get a lot of playing time in 2014 and is slated to be the starting B-back (at least in my mind) come 2015.

Also, to answer the thread subject line, I would rather have Custis who stayed with us even though he could have gone to some other school after the factories started offering him and after the academic fiasco he had to go through. He stayed true to his word and stayed committed to us. Gotta love that. I for one am looking forward to watch Custis rumbling through opposing defenses.

3. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

In my most humble opinion; I do believe that Travis will become the next great yellow jacket fever!

4. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

People were calling Perkins the next JD before he stepped foot on the flats, too. Let's wait and see what happens, shall we....

collegeballfan likes this.
  5. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Personally I am not that big of a fan of Chubb...I think Sony is a much better back.

GTFowler likes this.
  6. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

They are trying to mold Chubb into the next Gurley. He doesnt have the speed so those 60 yard runs wont come easy for him. I agree with Eric, Sony is a much better all around back. Ga fans want the big physical back who runs people over but Michael will get the majority of the carries. Chubb is just gonna bench Douglas which I am very happy about that. Id rather have Custis imo

DH9387 likes this.
  7. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

I hear ya, but the fan base needs what ever they can get to excite them!

8. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Chubb reminds me of the kid from SW Dekalb that went to UGA but later transferred when Gurley came.

GTonTop88 likes this.
  9. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

I had rather have Custis, he wanted to come to Tech. Chubb wanted to go to UGA.

techman78 likes this.
  10. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

Well said!

11. PatrickinGa

PatrickinGa Georgia Tech Fan

I hear ya, but the GT fan base needs what ever they can get to excite them!

12. GoldinWhite

GoldinWhite Georgia Tech Fan

I'm excited about Custis, the next battering-ram...He'll be wearing "Golden Diapers"

13. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

Looking at both young men in high school, I didn't and don't see much difference. It would have been nice to have Chubb come to Tech, but he doesn't look like a game changer. Neither does Custis.

Yet. It's how they adjust to the college game that will make the difference. Only time and a little game experience will tell the tale on that.

14. GT Man

GT Man Helluva Engineer

Custis, for the mere fact that GT does a better job developing players.

vamosjackets likes this.
  15. GTRX7

GTRX7 Helluva Engineer

I regret GT not getting Chubb if, for nothing else, the fact that all of the puns would have been amazing!

JazzyD95 and GT Man like this.
  16. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Custis because you can never score with just a Chubb

UgaBlows likes this.
  17. GTJoeBrew

GTJoeBrew Helluva Engineer

I would much rather have Custis! That is a biased opinion though...

18. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

Well this is a no brainer! Custis was a commitment then because of technical academic problem he could not enroll as we all know. The point is he could have gone else where, but instead he stayed with us. This very telling about what great character he has not to even think about the fact that I think he will become a great player!

19. Pj4prez01

Pj4prez01 Ramblin' Wreck

I would rather have Chubb but just barely. Custis will have a bigger impact though because 2 stacks is a beast and the unfortunately the second coming of guerly.

20. JazzyD95

JazzyD95 Helluva Engineer

Chubb is a talent. Would instantly be in our top talent group and contribute somewhere.