Nick Chubb vs Travis Custis who would you rather have

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Which freshman back will have the most impact Chubb is Georgia's prized new freshman running back and higher regarded recruit than Custis, They seem to be about the same size but I think Chubb is about 220lb and Custis is around 210lb

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
IMHO, I think Custis will have more of an impact than Chubb. The reason isn't because of talent but more due to the depth chart. Chubb still has Gurley (a likely 1st or 2nd round NFL draft pick come 2015) and Marshall in front of him. He also has to battle a fellow 2014 recruit; Sony Michel. Of course, just like last year, UGA could hit the injury bug and everyone

Custis really has only Laskey ahead of him on the depth chart. Laskey is a hard working, maximize my talents every which way to sunday type player but lets be realistic here, he ain't no Gurley (to be fair, not many backs in the nation are in that class). The road to playing is much easier for Custis and if he is as talented as we think he is, he'll be able to get a lot of playing time in 2014 and is slated to be the starting B-back (at least in my mind) come 2015.

Also, to answer the thread subject line, I would rather have Custis who stayed with us even though he could have gone to some other school after the factories started offering him and after the academic fiasco he had to go through. He stayed true to his word and stayed committed to us. Gotta love that. I for one am looking forward to watch Custis rumbling through opposing defenses.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
They are trying to mold Chubb into the next Gurley. He doesnt have the speed so those 60 yard runs wont come easy for him. I agree with Eric, Sony is a much better all around back. Ga fans want the big physical back who runs people over but Michael will get the majority of the carries. Chubb is just gonna bench Douglas which I am very happy about that. Id rather have Custis imo

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
They are trying to mold Chubb into the next Gurley. He doesn't but have the speed so those 60 yard runs wont come easy for him. I agree with Eric, Sony is a much better all around back. Ga fans want the big physical back who runs people over but Michael will get the majority of the carries. Chubb is just gonna bench Douglas which I am very happy about that. Id rather have Custis imo

Chubb reminds me of the kid from SW Dekalb that went to UGA but later transferred when Gurley came.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Looking at both young men in high school, I didn't and don't see much difference. It would have been nice to have Chubb come to Tech, but he doesn't look like a game changer. Neither does Custis.

Yet. It's how they adjust to the college game that will make the difference. Only time and a little game experience will tell the tale on that.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Well this is a no brainer! Custis was a commitment then because of technical academic problem he could not enroll as we all know. The point is he could have gone else where, but instead he stayed with us. This very telling about what great character he has not to even think about the fact that I think he will become a great player!

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I would rather have Chubb but just barely. Custis will have a bigger impact though because 2 stacks is a beast and the unfortunately the second coming of guerly.