Nick Chubb: "They got a little lucky"

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well … he neglects to mention that he was one of the elements in that luck, but he's young and probably doesn't know about taking responsibility.

Still, he is right; we were lucky that the first two redone fumbles went our way. And the Dwags were insanely lucky that - again - it appears that SEC refs don't seem to understand what "forward progress" means or what "arm moving forward on obvious pass play" is about.

The breaks evened out completely in this one. And, if I might remind young Mr. Chubb, we won anyway.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
This is great. I was worried that UGA would take this loss as a wake up call and dedicate themselves to improving and returning the favor at our place next year. If they think this was just a fluke, I give us good odds to make it two in a row.

Yes, please let them keep thinking this. Let's look at the 7 games in the CPJ era

2008: GT wins 45-42 against the preseason #1 team
2009: GT loses 30-24 after All-World WR Baybay Thomas drops a wide-open fourth down pass on the potential game winning drive
2010: GT loses 42-34 after missing an XP, forcing us to allow them to score another TD so we could have the ball back with a chance to tie the game (which we were halfway to doing before tossing a pick)
2011: GT loses 31-17 due to turnovers and poor QB play
2012: GT loses well and good. Let's not talk about this.
2013: GT loses 41-34 in double OT after missing a 43 yard FG that would have prevented OT
2014: GT wins 30-24 against all attempts of luck and refs to turn it otherwise

Basically GT is 2-5, and a handful of plays away from being 5-2. So yeah, keep thinking it's a fluke and see how that turns out for you.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
No reason to be sorry, I feel the same way.

Actually I take pleasure in it now, love hearing all the excuses.

Besides the fumbles...Chubb had several chances to score in the RZ and got STUFFED.
Oh they have already started......go to dawgrant.com and listen ...they want to fire MR and everybody asscioated with the defeat..typical ga response but hey they fumbled the ball inside the five not once but twice............Mr Chubb was non existant last half......told folks it would be a close game and if we slowed him down we can win.......well we slowed him down and we won.........ga fans think that 9 wins and a bowl game victory is not enough......they are full of dementia since they dont have a program that is even the class of the SEC.....Bama and LSU and Aubie (not this year maybe) and Fla(not this year) will always be as good or better than ga........no have no grief for ga fans..........I still remember beating them all over the field in 60 and Pat Dye blocking a fg and ep........we lost seven to six.......still not fan of Dye.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
guys, its the way you are as a player....its part of the competitive nature...players rarely admit defeat in close games...just is what it is...

Him saying "we missed several opportunities" is fine. Him saying that we got lucky means that he and his teammates did not respect us.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Chubb got punched in the nose for the first time in his life, fumbled, causing his team to lose a potential TD, and then, after that, he was basically shut down for the rest of the game. Now, he's crying like the little baby he really is. Spank him and his true colors come out.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Just for mr chubbs benefit........we ran for 280 plus yds last half alone............we had the ball 27 out of 30 minutes and he forgets they had the ball at the three late in the game after a fg fakes.............and they were denied........not a fan of the option since it takes special players to run it but........this year we have them and it showed............I thought Chubb was not on the field after half time........oh well he will learn.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Him saying "we missed several opportunities" is fine. Him saying that we got lucky means that he and his teammates did not respect us.
No doubt they didnt respect us at all.......why should they ? they are GA and we are in their eyes second class citizens..........if you look at entire game we were in it every play.......how many times have I seen a pass interception call go aginst us in Atlanta that gave them a win..........how many times have they won at the end on questioable calls..They like many young guys need to grow up.....no one play won this game but group of good guys who wanted the win...did.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Check out Shultz's headline blaming the game on the Dawgs' mistakes. Nice.
Still rankles me that after watching the game the papers keep adverticizing ga turn overs........shows you that all journalism majors come from puppy town.hang in there my friend ...happy and Merry Christmas.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
not a fan of the option since it takes special players to run it but........
Mack, did you see this graphic:

ec.jpg

How can you possibly still believe that? We run our offense with everybody else's leftovers.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
We WILL beat them decisively next year in Bobby Dodd
Well hope we do but remember the first time PJ beat them in Athens and with JN and JD coming back and Crockett and others and even playing at home........we fizzed...we can do it no doubt but I am going to play it one game at a time but................man will I have my revenge for 364 days.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, did you see this graphic:

ec.jpg

How can you possibly still believe that? We run our offense with everybody else's leftovers.
Where did JT expect to play...........not GT.What would have happened if he did not start.......If you are going to run the option you need speed from qb and do we have that speed if JT is gone........I have posted before when the big uns on the other side are better than you are the option and other offenses are moot.I have looked at your post and its a good one and as you know one day somebody in the 11 teams above us will figure out what to do with their four and five playes..........dont drink the kool aide my friend we still have ways to go_Of course JT is key for year....without him it could have been long year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Where did JT expect to play...........not GT.What would have happened if he did not start.......If you are going to run the option you need speed from qb and do we have that speed if JT is gone........I have posted before when the big uns on the other side are better than you are the option and other offenses are moot.I have looked at your post and its a good one and as you know one day somebody in the 11 teams above us will figure out what to do with their four and five playes..........dont drink the kool aide my friend we still have ways to go_Of course JT is key for year....without him it could have been long year.
Mack, that's just it, our offense allows us to use players the factories discard. Yes, JT was a 4 star, but Bama wanted him at db. Our unique offense allows him to be the key player that makes everything go. Look at the other key unit on our offense, the OL. How many of those guys turned down factory offers, maybe 2 or 3 throughout the entire 4 deep at most. How many of our runningbacks and wr's turned down factory offers?

Yes, we need guys that fit what we do and fit GT, we can find them with the right guys in place and the right strategy. We now have both. On top of all that, we just might now be attractive to some blue chips. Winning has a funny way of doing that.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Thanks John Madden.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, that's just it, our offense allows us to use players the factories discard. Yes, JT was a 4 star, but Bama wanted him at db. Our unique offense allows him to be the key player that makes everything go. Look at the other key unit on our offense, the OL. How many of those guys turned down factory offers, maybe 2 or 3 throughout the entire 4 deep at most. How many of our runningbacks and wr's turned down factory offers?

Yes, we need guys that fit what we do and fit GT, we can find them with the right guys in place and the right strategy. We now have both. On top of all that, we just might now be attractive to some blue chips. Winning has a funny way of doing that.
Whoa my friend we can argue this all day and would like to do this PM wise but no doubt we had great breaks this year and its football and we earned what we got but take away JT who again is great player and i wonder how we would have done......

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Whoa my friend we can argue this all day and would like to do this PM wise but no doubt we had great breaks this year and its football and we earned what we got but take away JT who again is great player and i wonder how we would have done......
Take almost any teams starting qb away and you can say the same thing. Heck, you even said it about Clemson. Btw, I'd take Byerly in a New York minute and I'd bet we wouldn't miss a beat.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Take almost any teams starting qb away and you can say the same thing. Heck, you even said it about Clemson. Btw, I'd take Byerly in a New York minute and I'd bet we wouldn't miss a beat.

Whoa, whoa now. Let's not take it too far. We'd be effective with Byerly, but we've seen JT do some things that no others could match.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think JT is worth two extra wins a year due to his feet........his ability to scrambel is what is so crucial or offense especily passing game.I like Byerly and he runs and throws well but JT AND HIS SPEED are hard to stop.