Nick Chubb: "They got a little lucky"

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I apologize if this has been mentioned. This is a quote from "superstar" Nick Chubb in the AJC. He talked about their miscues and he thinks that we got lucky.

Sorry punk. You got beat. No flukes about it. No luck. You gained 30 yards in the last 3 quarters. GT's defense owned you for 3/4 of the game. You got beat by the better team. Outcoached and outclassed. Sure, you fumbled twice on the goal line. But that's why GT is better than you. You were gift wrapped 14 points by the SEC officiating crew. Our offensive line dominated your defense full of 4 and 5 stars. Our 2 star RB sliced through your defense.

Mr. Chubb, you are right though. Someone on that field did get lucky. Your team got lucky you didn't get blown out in the 2nd half.

Sorry guys. The hate is still flowing.

I apologize if this has been mentioned. This is a quote from "superstar" Nick Chubb in the AJC. He talked about their miscues and he thinks that we got lucky.

Sorry punk. You got beat. No flukes about it. No luck. You gained 30 yards in the last 3 quarters. GT's defense owned you for 3/4 of the game. You got beat by the better team. Outcoached and outclassed. Sure, you fumbled twice on the goal line. But that's why GT is better than you. You were gift wrapped 14 points by the SEC officiating crew. Our offensive line dominated your defense full of 4 and 5 stars. Our 2 star RB sliced through your defense.

Mr. Chubb, you are right though. Someone on that field did get lucky. Your team got lucky you didn't get blown out in the 2nd half.

When we scored to make it 14-14 all I could think about was "we should be up 21-7."

No reason to be sorry, I feel the same way.

Actually I take pleasure in it now, love hearing all the excuses.

Besides the fumbles...Chubb had several chances to score in the RZ and got STUFFED.
We had a very good plan for Nick Chubb. And we beat them in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Georgia's initial drive was so strong I was afraid we'd wear down on defense. We didn't. We got stronger. I think our strength and conditioning coach should get an "attaboy".

Chubb overall was 129 yards on 25 carries, but 65 yards was on one play. Do the math, Nick: 64 yards on the other 24 carries for 2.66 per. Yeah, we were lucky.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Lol UGA had just as many breaks as we did. Huge 14 point swing with a terrible call, JT with the late fumble giving them a chance. You could even say Andrews' dropped pass earlier in the game was equivalent to one of their goal line fumbles. He would've walked into the endzone had he caught it.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
No reason to be sorry, I feel the same way.

Actually I take pleasure in it now, love hearing all the excuses.

Besides the fumbles...Chubb had several chances to score in the RZ and got STUFFED.

It was unbelievable man. After the holding penalty that gave them 1st and goal (again) and we hold them to a FG? After they burn us on a fake FG? Man, our defense deserved that win.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is great. I was worried that UGA would take this loss as a wake up call and dedicate themselves to improving and returning the favor at our place next year. If they think this was just a fluke, I give us good odds to make it two in a row.
+1

My thoughts exactly.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Rating per ESPN (I like ESPN for the purposes of perception)
Nick Chubb 84, Sony Michel 88, Kieth Marshall 5 star, Todd Gurley 4 star

Laskey 74, Synjyn Days 74--and the best part--Mason and Burden NR

And we simply outplayed them for 3 quarters. It wasn't luck.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha, I'm glad they are feeling the pain for a change. Schadenfreude at its finest gentlemen. Check out the quote at the end of this article in the Macon Telegraph.

“The only thing you’re going to remember for the rest of your life is that you threw a pick and lost to Tech,” Mason said, “so everything else is meaningless.”

Now go and tell me that UGA doesn't think this is rivalry anymore.....

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

Mr. Chubb you and your running mate, Mr. Michel, handed those balls over to us at the goal line as if both of you got caught with text books. We thank you.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
It was unbelievable man. After the holding penalty that gave them 1st and goal (again) and we hold them to a FG? After they burn us on a fake FG? Man, our defense deserved that win.

Those two goal line stands are the reason we won the game. We give those up (like many teams would) and Georgia is rolling. That's what they did to teams all year with the exception of USCe and FL.

When our D pulled those off I knew we had a chance.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to mention 188 lb DJ white straight up standing him up more than once....

Chub is a good sec running back but he met his match on Saturday.