NFL Representation by College

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Continuity in coaching staff matters. Rhule was there a couple years, then gone. Collins was there a couple years, then gone...

Rhule was there for 4 years. But your point about continuity is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Good thing I care more about our 3 ACC title appearances, 2 Orange Bowl appearances, four 9+ win seasons, and .500 or better ACC record 9 of the last 10 years than than number of guys on NFL rosters.

We had NFL draft picks on both Orange Bowl teams, so you're actually proving the point. The other ACC title game appearance isn't worth mentioning, is it?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We had NFL draft picks on both Orange Bowl teams, so you're actually proving the point. The other ACC title game appearance isn't worth mentioning, is it?

Lol exactly. Trying to be a contrarian but proving the point of the article

That squad alone had

Gotsis
Mason
Waller
Butker
Isaiah Johnson
Chris Milton who are all still on rosters along with
Smelter
DJ White Who were drafted.

Bottom line is NFL caliber players at GT correlate to really good seasons

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Trying to be a contrarian but proving the point of the article

A little strong; I'd say more like 'anecdotally suggesting' than proving.

Looking at that list of players in the NFL and success, you can almost certainly build a strong case that having NFL quality players isn't sufficient to have really good seasons.

As you point out, that squad alone had a disproportionally high number of drafted players. Do we need that many to be successful? If we had that many every season I think we'd have numbers closer to 25 playing in the league at any given time (assuming five drafted to three-year contracts and two of them get a second five-year contract on-going: 5*3+2*5=25) That would put us up between Clemson and Texas players in the NFL.

So, yeah, we'd be successful in that case.

What if it was only 3 drafted with 1 getting to the second contract (15 in the league...closer to Temple)? Would that be enough to get really good seasons? I do think that there is a critical mass requirement, but what it is I sure don't know.