NFL Representation by College

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Ouch. I kept scrolling down and thinking I must have missed seeing GT. I hadn't realized we have fallen to only 6 in the league. That hurts. Tre Swilling showed he has a case for declaring early after last week and I've heard Tyler Davis is likely to be drafted too (if he can start putting up some numbers). I'm sure Juanyeh Thomas will also make his way to the league eventually, but a big question for a lot of these players is if they can make it to that second contract. That's what sustains those high placement numbers.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It shouldn’t. Wisconsin is pumping 2-3 OL per year and a RB out every other year
Hmm, could we do well to follow that example? The good qb s show up where they have good protection and that s a receipe to make everybody look good.
Is BC doing the same thing?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
What's more amazing to me is how well we've done in the ACC and bowl games compared to some who are way higher than us. And how some teams like Miami (#4!) has underperformed versus their talent at an almost apocalyptic level.

If this isn't proof that talent and recruiting alone isn't enough, then I don't know what is. It also speaks pretty strongly that while not sufficient to guarantee success, high levels of talent are required for the highest levels of sustained achievement.

Last edited:

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
What's more amazing to me is how well we've done in the ACC and bowl games compared to some who are way higher than us. And how some teams like Miami (#4!) has underperformed versus their talent at an almost apocalyptic level.

Miami a string of awful hires. Fsu has one now.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Wow...Temple is pretty high up there (at 16 players.) That's surprising and, actually, a bit promising and concerning at the same time. Promising that we'll move up, and concerning in-that they aren't any better than they are given the talent that has flowed through there the past few years.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Wow...Temple is pretty high up there (at 16 players.) That's surprising and, actually, a bit promising and concerning at the same time. Promising that we'll move up, and concerning in-that they aren't any better than they are given the talent that has flowed through there the past few years.

Continuity in coaching staff matters. Rhule was there a couple years, then gone. Collins was there a couple years, then gone...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

16 players over the span of 8 years is not alot. And not enough to impact a ncaa program winning bigtime. Think about its. Its basically only 2-3 players a year on the team playing at that level.

Its just THAT is how low tech is where 16 feels like alot. Look at the schools around us and at 7. Its sad. We have no top talent.

Now maybe our middle talent is ok and allows to be competitive. Which goes back to my first point. To make a jump the top talent on our team needs to be 5-6 nfl draft picks any one year. Then i think we make a dent. Now i dont think we will have that many. Lets say 3-4 get drafted but 6-7 have a chance. Thats where we need to be

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Going to a much more agressive defense will help attract talented players. Watched my first nfl game in awhile and saw ZERO bend but dont break. They had 7-8 on the line on most plays.

Our previous offense ,which i loved, had players that had skills not emphasized in nfl [ qb (under center and w zero passing), ab ( a fleet of them gettinfmg very few touches because they mostly blocking) , wr (do not skill at getting space for a timed route as blocking is more important), etc ] .

Cgc change of schemes should get at least 12 -15 to nfl

If he does what he says about gt being discussed at top nfl , we should have 25 plus in 7 years

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Its not a cycle. There is a solid reason for this. An obvious. Solid. Reason. Actually two. But they both are the same really

Good thing I care more about our 3 ACC title appearances, 2 Orange Bowl appearances, four 9+ win seasons, and .500 or better ACC record 9 of the last 10 years than than number of guys on NFL rosters.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Good thing I care more about our 3 ACC title appearances, 2 Orange Bowl appearances, four 9+ win seasons, and .500 or better ACC record 9 of the last 10 years than than number of guys on NFL rosters.

its not relevant to the point of this topic, we are just talking about players in the league and reasons etc. But if you want to derail ok