NFL prospects on this Team

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Would be very interesting to see him used in a spread offense similar to a Jimmy Graham / Julius Thomas / how the Falcons used to use TG. Exciting stuff and would be another feather in the cap from a recruiting/marketing perspective if he gets a shot.

Interesting article about Jimmy Graham and the way he was used. He was essentially used as a WR more than a TE. I would venture to say him staying in as a blocking TE was even less than him being an inline TE.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/06/jimmy_graham_cornerback_compar.html

TE are essentially WRs in the modern era of pass heavy offenses. A great TE in the passing game is essential because they pose so many matchup problems.

I think Waller can be a project TE because he doesn't need to be a burner...he's faster than most NFL TEs, and has the ball skills of a WR. Jimmy Graham is listed at 6'7 260+ lbs. Waller is listed at 6'6+ 240+ lbs. Put him in on passing situations during his rookie year while developing his body. By year two, he could be 260lbs, and create even more problems.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
10393849_10152995339473879_8182341267754836054_n.jpg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Btw, Waller measured out at 6' 6.75" and 243lbs. at the East-West. So, yes, someone will take him in the late rounds. Hope it's the Falcons; he'd work great with Ryan.

Btw, I think someone will take Shaq too. Probably Philly since Kelly knows what to do with OLs like him. I'd draft him for the motor alone myself.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
He had plenty of drops his sophomore year. It was a frustrating year for all of our WRs. He really grew out of it though.

6'6.75 is huge. Any other WRs of that size that we are going after???

I wonder how much weight a NFL team could put on Waller's huge frame and turn him into a dangerous TE. I would think he is a project so probably a late round selection. I guess we will find out soon if he gets invited to the combine.
If he makes the necessary adjustment to his "want to" factor he has the measurables.