NFL prospects on this Team

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Didn't McShay just have Isaiah and Waller among Tech pro prospects, at least that's what was on the crawl during the Orange Bowl? Which means no Mason. That's just stupid. Dude is a monster. Guards aren't as valuable a commodity as tackles in the NFL draft, but still, he's gone up against NFL caliber-DTs, DEs, and LBs the last two months and has won those battles handily.

Maybe Belichick takes Waller to fill the Aaron Hernandez spot. You know, minus the wanton killing spree and all.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I see Waller going in the 5th or 6th round. Everyone else will get their shot as an UDFA unless someone puts up insane combine numbers.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
"Georgia Tech WR Darren Waller measured in at 6'6 3/4" and 243 lbs this morning. I hear he still has room to grow, too."

No kidding! In the picture he looks skinny as a rail. That alone will get him drafted by someone.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Mason will play at the next level...period. Ditto Smelter. I.Johnson, Waller, Days, Laskey, Perkins all have a shot IMO. Some may get drafted but most will likely have to go the FA route. FA rooks have much tougher sledding than guys that get drafted....GMs dont like admitting their draft picks arent as good as the FA invites. I'd love to see all these guys make it. I've probably left some off my list these guys are just off the top of my head as best chances. Green has a shot too but his frame, wingspan, etc may turn some off.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Waller won a long jump competition

Apparently he beat out Lee Doss (signed with Browns last year, after first signing as UDFA with Redskins?)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
hopefully Wallers blocking skills will help give some credence to the TE conversion thinking among NFL scouts

TJacks19

Georgia Tech Fan
hopefully Wallers blocking skills will help give some credence to the TE conversion thinking among NFL scouts

Would be very interesting to see him used in a spread offense similar to a Jimmy Graham / Julius Thomas / how the Falcons used to use TG. Exciting stuff and would be another feather in the cap from a recruiting/marketing perspective if he gets a shot.