Next year's Starting offense

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was trying to avoid this "way too early" thread but you guys have sucked me in.

I think we will have a depth of riches in the backfield the likes of which we have not seen thus far. Question will be....can the line block for them.

On D I think our linebackers and safeties will be stout. DE might turn into a strength with more maturity and growth there. D tackles will be a question mark but we should at least have pretty good depth there barring injuries. I'm a bit concerned about our corners going into next year. Time will tell.

Now....back to the season at hand. :)

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I'll take a stab at the 2-deep, or at least my take on what it could be:

QB: JT obviously at the 1... 2 could be Campbell, or we could see Byerly back if he gets approved. Matthew Jordan may go back to A back.
AB: MLD and Searcy, JJ Green (if grades are in order), Taquon, Lynch... Cottrell and Benson could get in the mix. We may finally have some serious depth to work with here. Most loaded backfield I think ever under CPJ here.
BB: Marcus Marshall at 1... Quaide, Leggett and potentially Mills in the mix. I hope we can redshirt Mills, and if all 3 of those guys are healthy we may be able to do so.
WR: Summers and Jeune at the 1's... Stewart at #3, Philpott and Howell should push for time I hope. Really love the guy that committed today, Dolphus, but he'll need a year to get stronger in the weight room and I expect this crew to hold it down out there. Jeune seems like the light bulb is starting to come on.
OL: Burden, Bryan, C. Griffin, Klock, Devine first string... Joe if he gets his extra year will be in there somewhere... Andrew Marshall, Fromayan definitely on the 2 deep, I'd assume Whitley, Stickler and Gary Brown get some run out there also. Could see Parker Braun or Jordan Johnson get in the 2 deep next year also if they have good fall camps.

DE: Freeman and Chungong 1's... Saint Amour, Simmons 2's...don't forget about Tyler Merriweather coming off his redshirt. Hope to see him in the mix.
DT: Gamble and I'd guess Kyle Henderson 1's... Glanton and Kallon 2's... Scott Morgan maybe getting into the mix there. Sellers possibly.
LB: Paul Davis and Brant Mitchell 1's... Vic Alexander and Terrell Lewis 2's... Cooksey and Tre Jackson may get in the mix too.
CB: Step and Austin at the 1's... Wigley and Dorian Walker, Lamont Simmons in the mix for the 2's.
Nickel: Austin and Curry would be my guess.
S: AJ Gray definitely starting... Shawn Kagawa, Corey Griffin, John Marvin for the other spot, not sure how that will shake out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
BB will be interesting next year.

We will lose Skov, but Marcus Marshall and Marcus Allen return. In addition, Leggett will be back from injury, and QFro will be in play after probably redshirting this year. Don't forget Lands-Davis who was originally slated and recruited for BB but moved to AB because of the dire need for bodies there. Then Dedrick Mills who will sign with us this year...but he probably redshirts.

Marcus Marshall will clearly be the front-runner. Marcus Allen, if he can stay healthy, should be a pretty good #2. Then there's a lot of bodies for #3...and our #3 BB hardly ever gets carries.

The natural thing to do with excess BBs is to move them over to AB...but as others have pointed out, there will be a lot of bodies at that position as well.