Next Year's QB Situation

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean we got DeFoor and Southers and they’re both starting, but not exactly lighting up the world. I’d rather let their recruited guys play and grow unless there is a sure fire transfer.

Grad transfers are great if the team is just filling holes. Grad transfer OLineman next year could help in allowing some of the recruits to redshirt.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Jordan Yates I feel will be red-shirted this year as along as nothing crazy happens at QB. It seems for now Graham maybe given the full reins to be the main guy and next year situation will fully ride on how well Graham does this year. TO and Lucas are on the outside looking in at this moment as TO probably is better suited for a position change and LJ is riding the bench at bottom or Depth Chart or transfers. If Graham can develop and be productive and have good results he will be the favorite to start next year if he's sorta middle of the road then it will be a open competition situation with Yates as probably the favorite based on his pedigree.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My negative two cents.
Graham should start and get majority of snaps.
Johnson should be the primary backup in case of injury.
Oliver should be on the field somewhere on nearly offensive snap. Whether that is a wildcat QB package, slot receiver, running back, wide receiver.... He looks like magic running with the ball ...... until he fumbles.

MaconBacon IM88

Jolly Good Fellow
No disrespect intended to any of these fine S/As - just spit balling
LJ decides to transfer
TO is incorporated in other ways into the Offense - great athlete / heart of a champion
Yates see the field before end of year...Graham inconsistent / turns over ball via INTs
This becomes a battle between Graham/Yates next year
Gleason arrives but does not start...arm not so precise, running sub-par to Yates/Graham
We settle into a Dual Threat QB team with 60/40 Run/Pass offense as we build the OL / WR / TE proficiency

all fiction for sure - but agree that trying to get Graham more game reps now to develop as a QB1 (or not) is good call

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
No disrespect intended to any of these fine S/As - just spit balling
LJ decides to transfer
TO is incorporated in other ways into the Offense - great athlete / heart of a champion
Yates see the field before end of year...Graham inconsistent / turns over ball via INTs
This becomes a battle between Graham/Yates next year
Gleason arrives but does not start...arm not so precise, running sub-par to Yates/Graham
We settle into a Dual Threat QB team with 60/40 Run/Pass offense as we build the OL / WR / TE proficiency

all fiction for sure - but agree that trying to get Graham more game reps now to develop as a QB1 (or not) is good call

Probably closest to the truth at this point.

Deleted member 2897

Thinking we won't end up with 6 QBs because of transfers is probably right. But the more pressing issue is injuries. LJ has struggled with injuries most of his career. JG has also already missed games and been banged up. Demetrius Knight moved to LB. The day we get better QB play is the day TO moves to kick returns, scat back/slot back/WR plays. Gleason is a good QB, but he is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Having Gleason, Yates, and Graham is a good set of 3. If LJ can stay healthy and having TO still doing things even if not QB are both bonus add-ons. But honestly with how banged up our QBs have been I think injuries might be the biggest determinant of playing time.