Next RB coach for GT?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Free thinking is what got Geoff this job. We need football coaches.

Free thinking was absent when GT hired Collins. In fact, the powers that be (TStan, big money donors, etc.) were pretty closed minded in trying to hire someone with ties to GT, and under the O'Leary coaching tree. The other known candidate that actually got an audience was Ken Whisenhunt. Again, lack of free thinking was applied there as well.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? This coming season is TStan's last stand, and that's all it will be. We'll most likely have an entirely new staff after this coming season.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Free thinking was absent when GT hired Collins. In fact, the powers that be (TStan, big money donors, etc.) were pretty closed minded in trying to hire someone with ties to GT, and under the O'Leary coaching tree. The other known candidate that actually got an audience was Ken Whisenhunt. Again, lack of free thinking was applied there as well.
It was the opposite of free thinking in more ways than one - sent $20,000,000 down the toilet.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I normally try to not be doom and gloom, but right now it’s impossible. Does any of the coaches really matter right now? With a bad year seemingly impossible to avoid, it means that we will more than likely be looking for a whole new staff next year anyway. I mean this job seems like a filler for one year

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if this is even a consideration or if he would be interested, but I know that he was someone I was always impressed with from a SA standpoint while he was around. If there is anything in his resume that would lead him to be considered, they should definitely give him a look.
Not a clue, if we want a Tech person was the thought for that position. Or other ones like Nesbitt or Hamilton

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I know this, referring to your program as a sinking ship sure won’t help bring in a capable coach.

The mentality of GT fans matches the record. Horrible.
If we are being honest that is very much the outside perspective any coach has to be weighing that risk and lying about it is not going to change it.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Random name but what about Jaybo Shaw? Young high school head coach probably wanting to get a chance to be a power 5 coach.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? This coming season is TStan's last stand, and that's all it will be. We'll most likely have an entirely new staff after this coming season.

Regardless of whether CGC stays or gets fired after next season, TStan isn't going anywhere. The decision to hire CGC wasn't 100% TStan's decision...there was a LOT of big money pushing for CGC. Outside of the hiring of CGC, TStan has done a LOT of great things during his time at GT. He has a LOT of support within GT and amongst people who give GT a LOT of money.

I brought this up previously, CGC was TStan's first football HC hire in his athletic director career. He's never had to hire a football HC anywhere else. I think he was conservative and tried to lean on "football people" he trusted like George O'Leary, former GT SAs, and big money donors. When he has to hire the next HC, I think TStan will look outside of the "GT family" more as opposed what happened last time.

What happens with the next HC will definitely affect TStan's long term career at GT.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
If we are being honest that is very much the outside perspective any coach has to be weighing that risk and lying about it is not going to change it.
Maybe but it sure shouldn’t be one of the fanbase. I don’t find it to be a sinking ship or dumpster fire. 2 new coaches signed for good money 2 year contracts and a solid to good roster up and down. That’s not a dumpster. This team could win 7 games next season easy.

And no 7 wins is not the ultimate goal but just saying.