Next domino in line: Arizona

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm with boomer. Don't think they take two teams from the same conference, especially since its already been settled on the field

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It's amazing how great Arizona's offense is when they aren't playing a PAC12 defense (I don't consider Oregon to have a PAC12 defense).

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This isn't football. It's like Arizona is playing 2 hand touch. PAC 12 football is awful (I think Oregon is a good team fwiw.) They are measured off of how much better they are than USC and ranked acccordingly.
Arizona somehow beating Oregon earlier in the year is what caused all this. All of a sudden Arizona must be good and every team that beat Arizona must've been good and every team that beat the team that beat Arizona must be good... That is how the PAC12 was viewed this year.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Arizona somehow beating Oregon earlier in the year is what caused all this. All of a sudden Arizona must be good and every team that beat Arizona must've been good and every team that beat the team that beat Arizona must be good... That is how the PAC12 was viewed this year.
Well it's as if someone said VT needs to be ranked because they are good and beat OSU, then every team in the ACC coastal that beat VT got ranked higher. But no, the ACC is a crappy conference ask anyone. Despite having the best OOC record against power 5, best record against the SEC, and most compelling championship game in the nation. The ACC as a whole has sucked a lot of years, but this year we are at worst the 3rd best power 5 conference. The PAC 12 and SEC west aren't what they used to be but for some reason they still get ranked like they are.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Sounds a hell of alot like the SEC to me. Lol. Almost Identical actually.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Public perception doesn't have a lot to do with it. Pretty much every computer ranking has: 1. SEC 2. PAC 3. Big XII based on their results on the field. If the ACC wants more respect, Pitt needs to beat Akron, North Carolina needs to hold ECU to less than 70 points, and Wake Forest needs to beat Louisiana Monroe.

pauley_GT

Georgia Tech Fan
Public perception doesn't have a lot to do with it. Pretty much every computer ranking has: 1. SEC 2. PAC 3. Big XII based on their results on the field. If the ACC wants more respect, Pitt needs to beat Akron, North Carolina needs to hold ECU to less than 70 points, and Wake Forest needs to beat Louisiana Monroe.
It doesnt help that the Coastal champ needed a miracle to beat a team that just moved up to fbs. Not saying that GSU is a bad team....

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
You are probably right, but I just don't think a conference champion should be omitted simply because another team didn't lose badly. Also, if we "edge" out FSU, then they may still end up ranked higher than us, and that's not right either. So let's hope Oregon wins big and Tech wins BIG !!!

One down. Arizona looked like they weren't in the same league as Oregon. Let's do the same thing to FSU!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

JHowell has it SEC, Pac12, ACC ...... http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2014.htm

The ACC needs to win more for a few years and the computer rankings will come around. Up to this year, the ACC wasn't that great.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Domino 2 well on its way of falling....TCU no match for Iowa St. Cannot believe I will be rooting for Bammer. I will have to take a shower after that..... absolutely hate sa(t)an and all he stands for.....

Well, if Alabama loses to Mizzou, I could see them not being in the top 4 and us jumping them with a decisive defeat of FSU.

I think Bama will win easy and Oregon will beat Bama when the time comes.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What the heck do past and future teams in a conference have to do with who is the best conference/team this year?

Since there are only 12 regular season games in the season and over 120 teams, you need to start off with a ranking. It should change as the season goes on and be weighted towards this season vice last year's. But there just aren't enough games against varied enough opponents.

Take the SEC for varied opponents. They play 8 conference games. The other 4 include 2 or 3 cupcakes. So how to you rank them against the West Coast team with whom there are very few games or common rivals?

Like I said in the post on today's game, looking over the last five games only, we should be ranked higher than FSU. But it's this season with the starting point assuming that the relative standings from previous year's hold. If the ACC beats SEC *-0 every year, we'll see the ACC above the SEC in rankings.