Next domino in line: Arizona

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Domino 2 well on its way of falling....TCU no match for Iowa St. Cannot believe I will be rooting for Bammer. I will have to take a shower after that..... absolutely hate sa(t)an and all he stands for.....

Yeah, no reason to root for UAT. Mizzou is not getting in, no matter what. UAT may or may not get in based on what phase of his cycle DRad is in, but them losing can only help us.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, no reason to root for UAT. Mizzou is not getting in, no matter what. UAT may or may not get in based on what phase of his cycle DRad is in, but them losing can only help us.

Hope you and Nuke are right, and I can't root for them anyway.....BUT, I can see the committee leaving Bammer at 4, and keeping us out for that reason. It would not be right, but they would call Bammer's one loss higher quality than our 2 losses and justify it that way.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hope you and Nuke are right, and I can't root for them anyway.....BUT, I can see the committee leaving Bammer at 4, and keeping us out for that reason. It would not be right, but they would call Bammer's one loss higher quality than our 2 losses and justify it that way.

They'd have 2 losses

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
They'd have 2 losses

Yes, and I would still be concerned that the committee would figure out a way to let them in...Ole Miss is still in the top 25 also.

So, I will root for them to lose, which I don't believe they will, then when they win, I won't care, because our chances of getting to 4 are based on Wisconsin, KSt and us winning later tonight...

thwuga

Georgia Tech Fan
If bama loses they will not drop below us. Therefore its better for us if they win.

We are competing with KSU, OSU and Baylor for the 4th spot now. Gotta hope for a wisky win and a low scoring, narrow ksu win.

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Guys, there is no difference between Bama winning and staying 1 or them losing and dropping to 4. Mizzou is not getting in so them winning won't take up an extra spot, it can only open up an extra spot if Bama drops out of the Top 4.

Animal02

Banned
Since there are only 12 regular season games in the season and over 120 teams, you need to start off with a ranking. It should change as the season goes on and be weighted towards this season vice last year's. But there just aren't enough games against varied enough opponents.

Take the SEC for varied opponents. They play 8 conference games. The other 4 include 2 or 3 cupcakes. So how to you rank them against the West Coast team with whom there are very few games or common rivals?

Like I said in the post on today's game, looking over the last five games only, we should be ranked higher than FSU. But it's this season with the starting point assuming that the relative standings from previous year's hold. If the ACC beats SEC *-0 every year, we'll see the ACC above the SEC in rankings.

The problem is "preseason" ranking and then getting credit for beating ranked teams at the time......stop doing polls until the 4th week of the season.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Public perception doesn't have a lot to do with it. Pretty much every computer ranking has: 1. SEC 2. PAC 3. Big XII based on their results on the field. If the ACC wants more respect, Pitt needs to beat Akron, North Carolina needs to hold ECU to less than 70 points, and Wake Forest needs to beat Louisiana Monroe.
I just want to know why Indiana isn't playing for the SEC championship.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
That's floating around out there. I think it's Bama, FSU, Oregon, TCU. I think we're 12th or 13th cause the polls have us at 12.
Yeah, getting an approximate BCS ranking is pretty easy. Just do the Coaches' Poll and Massey Composite rank, giving the Coaches a 2/3rds weighting. The Harris Poll wasn't really different enough to matter, or you can average the CFP, Coaches', and Massey Composite if you really miss the Harris Poll.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Since there are only 12 regular season games in the season and over 120 teams, you need to start off with a ranking. It should change as the season goes on and be weighted towards this season vice last year's. But there just aren't enough games against varied enough opponents.

Take the SEC for varied opponents. They play 8 conference games. The other 4 include 2 or 3 cupcakes. So how to you rank them against the West Coast team with whom there are very few games or common rivals?

Like I said in the post on today's game, looking over the last five games only, we should be ranked higher than FSU. But it's this season with the starting point assuming that the relative standings from previous year's hold. If the ACC beats SEC *-0 every year, we'll see the ACC above the SEC in rankings.
My problem is that their is not enough evidence, therefore "let's give the benefit of the doubt to the SEC." In the last couple of years Auburn, LSU and Georgia all lost to ACC teams but it did not factor in. This year Tennessee had their second worst defeat of the season against Oklahoma, even though they played tough against most of their SEC foes. I could go stretching the transitive property by cherry picking particular games by the SEC but the point is that this is no more fallacious than the selective way in which pollsters bolster the SEC. What happened this year in the polls was so obviously biased it became laughable.

Milwaukee

Banned
Guys, there is no difference between Bama winning and staying 1 or them losing and dropping to 4. Mizzou is not getting in so them winning won't take up an extra spot, it can only open up an extra spot if Bama drops out of the Top 4.

We don't need Bama to lose. There's no way in hell we would get a 3 seed no matter what. With a Bama loss, it puts them in the 4 spot and puts us completely out of the discussion.

We're barely in the discussion now.

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
We don't need Bama to lose. There's no way in hell we would get a 3 seed no matter what. With a Bama loss, it puts them in the 4 spot and puts us completely out of the discussion.

We're barely in the discussion now.

So who would fill the 3rd spot, since apparently it's impossible for Bama to only fall to 3 even though at this point the only other 1 loss team left past TCU and Oregon would be FSU?

Also, I never said we need bama to lose, just that it can only help if they do.