New your advice.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
There is only degrees of pain in parking. Bank of America Building, the Varsity, and GT hotel are closest and super expensive. Good value for money can be found in the blocks between spring and w peachtree north of 5th.

Tailgate stuff to do/see:

Band performances at Tech Green

Glee Club flashmobs

the Varsity getting packed

Yellow Jacket Alley

thats about it consistently, other stuff thats cool happens on specific games.

Sideways will watch over the pitch if you donate 10 bucks to the humane society in his name before the game.

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
The tailgating scene on west campus is pretty good and there are plenty of lots to park in. Usually $20 a car. The hike to the stadium is a little longer though. We usually leave 30 mins before the game starts and have never had a problem getting there in time to see the intros.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
The parking deck at Tech Square was around 10-15 bucks last year. It's a steal. It's right by the 5th Street bridge, which is a good spot to tailgate. For some reason I wanna say you may have to be a season ticket holder to have access to that price, though, but I'm not sure. I always got an email link to print off my ticket to park there. When I was a freshman, my folks ALWAYS parked in that tiny lot of about 10 spots right on North Avenue by Smith dormitory, which was nice because that was my dorm, and it's probably less than 100 feet from the stadium. Oddly enough, there was ALWAYS a spot there. They never paid a dime, nor did they get a ticket, which was weird, but my pops always finds a way to weasel into somethin' like that. Go Jackets.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
I like to park in the deck behind the BP on Spring Street. It costs $20 but so easy to hit the interstate and head home. Very little traffic hold ups. There is usually a police office letting people out of the parking deck.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Re: parking - which direction are you coming from and which interstate (if coming from the northside). The key to navigating Atlanta traffic is ability (distance, right-of-way, congestion) to get on the interstate and avoiding logjam intersections. A good parking spot and exit strategy can save you over an hour on a gameday.

Also, don't forget that in Atlanta, traffic signs and "rules" are more like suggestions than laws (you'd be surprised how many people think Spring street is actually a 1 way street). Whatever maneuver you pull or temporary lane you create, just be assertive about it. No one will question you if you look like you know what you're doing.

- the guy who made it home in 15 minutes during snowpocalypse 2014 & successfully arrived on-time for a thursday night class in the management building during a VT-GT-Midtown-rush-hour traffic hellapalooza.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Oops, New and Need your Advice. Thanks all for the help. Looking forward to a great year.
It's ok as a fellow genius I totally understand what it's like when brain is faster your hands.

Go Jackets! This year will be awesome for you and your family.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it worth buying the season parking permit or just go by single game parking?
I think it depends on what you plan to do. If you plan to go to all the games and tailgate all the games, then likely so. If you don't plan to tailgate or if you are only going to some of the games, you may be better off checking the free areas first and then paying if you cant find a free spot.

Re: parking - which direction are you coming from and which interstate (if coming from the northside). The key to navigating Atlanta traffic is ability (distance, right-of-way, congestion) to get on the interstate and avoiding logjam intersections. A good parking spot and exit strategy can save you over an hour on a gameday.

Also, don't forget that in Atlanta, traffic signs and "rules" are more like suggestions than laws (you'd be surprised how many people think Spring street is actually a 1 way street). Whatever maneuver you pull or temporary lane you create, just be assertive about it. No one will question you if you look like you know what you're doing.

- the guy who made it home in 15 minutes during snowpocalypse 2014 & successfully arrived on-time for a thursday night class in the management building during a VT-GT-Midtown-rush-hour traffic hellapalooza.
What the hell are you talking about? Spring Street IS a one-way street. If you drive like you suggest here, then no wonder there are so many wrecks on the roads.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it depends on what you plan to do. If you plan to go to all the games and tailgate all the games, then likely so. If you don't plan to tailgate or if you are only going to some of the games, you may be better off checking the free areas first and then paying if you cant find a free spot.
Thanks. Tailgating and alcohol consumption is definitely a factor in parking.