New Yellow Jacket club for students and young alumni

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The YA season ticket discount helps keep a few of my friends involved in the program. Our group of 20 or so would be cut in half without the discount. They have fun at games and care about the team, but not enough to pay full price.

At that point, there are other entertainment options on a Saturday that are more interesting to them. Especially ones that don't require getting up at 8am for a nooner.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I "sat" in the young alumni section last year for football. Couldn't have been a worse section for me to be in. One of the least engaged crowds I've ever been around at a Georgia Tech game (granted I was sitting SWARM for my years at Tech). We would move to empty seats on the old people's side pretty much every game and I found it much more engaging.
I didn't know there was a designated YA section, rather I thought the discount was for any seating section. You might be thinking of the Gold Zone (AKA North Stands above walkway) where season tickets are cheaper than other areas of the stadium. I think it would be a good idea to have a GA section or two available so transitional fans (YA or otherwise) have a place to sit together with the ability to sit with friends and family without coordinating well in advance and purchasing tickets together.

crut

Helluva Engineer
I didn't know there was a designated YA section, rather I thought the discount was for any seating section. You might be thinking of the Gold Zone (AKA North Stands above walkway) where season tickets are cheaper than other areas of the stadium. I think it would be a good idea to have a GA section or two available so transitional fans (YA or otherwise) have a place to sit together with the ability to sit with friends and family without coordinating well in advance and purchasing tickets together.
Nah, the YA section is in the north east lower corner. Section 121. It's not specifically a young alumni section, but the ticket office will tell YAs "A lot of young alumni sit here." I think its a pretty crappy seat, and thus sit in the overhang of the upper north where the view is great.