New Uniforms Revealed

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow
Man... after seeing them all next to each other like that, I'm really not overly impressed with Adidas... all the jerseys are the same, just switching colors. All the logos in similar spots. Generic Jersey with bold numbering and a tiny logo in the middle. Hell, they made one template and produced it for everyone.

Literally all the teams have about one thing making them different is their colors. Other than that it's all relative. Give me something the college world hasnt seen before. I want tech to be all over espn because Adidas sunk millions into making a list of unis. Make tech the mecca of Adidas gear. Otherwise, generic. Same as Nebraska and Rutgers and miami. Just white, gold, and navy.

I think most college jerseys like that, even Nike and UA. Go compare UGA, Auburn, Bama, Florida etc. There’s nothing really unique for anyone except Oregon. Personally I think adidas is killing it and and looks as good or better than Nike this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think most college jerseys like that, even Nike and UA. Go compare UGA, Auburn, Bama, Florida etc. There’s nothing really unique for anyone except Oregon. Personally I think adidas is killing it and and looks as good or better than Nike this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, I want a jersey that is the same gold that is inside the numbers like shown below. With sparkling white numbers and letters for their name. Going along with a white helmet, with a gold buzz on one side and a GOLD GT on the other. Also, on a different option I wouldn't mind having striped pants. White and gold, or a black and gold (yellow jacket) looking Jersey.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
IMO the numbers make the uniform look. I like them big, well outlined, and they should stand out for reading even in the nose bleed areas of the north stands. I liked the old numbers except for the awful powder blue honeycomb numbers. The new uni's are OK ( numbers more fancy than required and a little slim) but the numbers could be better. From my distance I cannot judge comfort and fit so I accept that the new uni's are likely better overall.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Haha, you beat me to it! I was searching for this gif before getting distracted by the beach and putting the phone down.
Fun fact: I’m sitting by a lake just down the road from Yosemite and it’s smoky as all hell. It’s a little unnerving being surrounded by forest and smelling the fire, but I wasn’t about to cancel a vacation planned a couple months ago.
Good luck for the rest of the trip.

Yosemite is a beautiful Park.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
New uni’s are suuuweeeet! ...especially on Roman Reigns :)

Believe that's A.J. Gray in the reveal video

c0013e514b89b6231b11f51af0181c05.jpg

5fae893d20c0dee9bfee28e5a7d8c888.jpg

But trying to figure this out... Is that A.J. Gray? I’m not convinced.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
For those skeptical about the quality difference between Russell and adidas uniforms, the players seem to be noticing the benefits already:

In Georgia Tech's switch to Adidas, even practice gear is better
“Improved morale” might be an actual benefit that Georgia Tech receives from its switch from Russell Athletic to Adidas. Yellow Jackets players have clearly been excited about the transition, and the new uniforms that they’ll be wearing this season.

“They’re sweet,” quarterback TaQuon Marshall said. “I was just telling somebody the other day, I said, ‘I can’t wait till fan day. We get to put the jerseys on.’ So I’m excited about it.”

“We love the practice ones,” safety Christian Campbell said. “They’re snug, they breathe more. Just a better uniform.”

Practice gear that wicks sweat more effectively is no small matter as the Jackets labor in 90-degree heat during August. Better fit is a help, too.

“I’m able to actually move my legs a little bit, move my arms and stretch out,” offensive lineman Jahaziel Lee said. “But, yeah, I love the gear. Adidas has done a wonderful job.”

Nice slideshow of our unis over the years. Easy to see the difference between the MAC type unis we've had recently, including the new ones unfortunately, and the classic Georgia Tech uniforms (Gold hats, white shirts, gold pants, simple stripes).

https://www.ajc.com/native/?prx_t=y-MDAzikoA-wcPA&&ntv_gscat=307
Once again, a link I cannot view on my desktop but can on my phone. Anybody have a clue why?
Anyway, great slideshow that once again points out to me out UGLY those honeycomb uniforms were, as well as how great the black watch uniforms looked.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer