New Toddcast - Adidas Edition

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
images (2).jpg

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I've said this elsewhere, but it's frustrating to me that Stansberry repeatedly talks about Adidas reinforcing techs brand, and wanting to get techs brand out there, and having everything fit into techs brand, but he never actually says what techs brand is.

In marketing courses you'll hear about a three word brand and a three-sentence brand, but I've never heard Stansberry actually articulate what he wants that brand to be. What does Tech stand for? What are techs values? Whole point of a brand is that when someone says Georgia Tech, you get an instant concrete idea of what constitutes "Georgia techish".

That way when you see something that's on brand you immediately go "yeah, that's so Georgia Tech". So, what is it?

I thought our brand was pretty obvious: GT, where we make everything harder than it has to be.

Classes, sports, recruiting, graduating, advertising, branding, you name it. We fight ourselves and make it harder. We're GT, we can do that.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our brand?
No Nazis; No KKK; No Rascist UVA. ;);)

Seriously, I think they're working on formalizing that at the same time. He's talked about it as a Re-Branding process, iiuc. 4

It's all about courageous innovation with an unwavering commitment to tradition. (it makes sense, I'm sure)

When I think GT I think 'identifying a goal and making it happen'. Pure and simple.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
They have some radio spots talking about how GT has no short cuts and that when you come to GT you know what we stand for and opponents know what they're in for or STTE.