New Toddcast - Adidas Edition

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This month's "Toddcast" answers fans questions about the adidas and Georgia Tech partnership, including:
  • uniform designs and fan merchandise;
  • standardization of Tech gold;
  • benefits of Tech's proximity to the brand new state-of-the-art adidas footwear production facility, SPEEDFACTORY.

Link: Toddcast (38 min)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I've said this elsewhere, but it's frustrating to me that Stansberry repeatedly talks about Adidas reinforcing techs brand, and wanting to get techs brand out there, and having everything fit into techs brand, but he never actually says what techs brand is.

In marketing courses you'll hear about a three word brand and a three-sentence brand, but I've never heard Stansberry actually articulate what he wants that brand to be. What does Tech stand for? What are techs values? Whole point of a brand is that when someone says Georgia Tech, you get an instant concrete idea of what constitutes "Georgia techish".

That way when you see something that's on brand you immediately go "yeah, that's so Georgia Tech". So, what is it?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I've said this elsewhere, but it's frustrating to me that Stansberry repeatedly talks about Adidas reinforcing techs brand, and wanting to get techs brand out there, and having everything fit into techs brand, but he never actually says what techs brand is.

In marketing courses you'll hear about a three word brand and a three-sentence brand, but I've never heard Stansberry actually articulate what he wants that brand to be. What does Tech stand for? What are techs values? Whole point of a brand is that when someone says Georgia Tech, you get an instant concrete idea of what constitutes "Georgia techish".

That way when you see something that's on brand you immediately go "yeah, that's so Georgia Tech". So, what is it?

Our brand?
No Nazis; No KKK; No Rascist UVA. ;);)

Seriously, I think they're working on formalizing that at the same time. He's talked about it as a Re-Branding process, iiuc. 4

It's all about courageous innovation with an unwavering commitment to tradition. (it makes sense, I'm sure)

Techster

Helluva Engineer

It's possible that's part of what Stansbury wants a billion dollar apparel partner to help with. Let's be honest, what's our brand now? Can anyone really articulate it?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Hmm for our branding in three words

Precision, Power, Progress.

At Georgia tech we approach all things with precision to do the job accurately, the power to get the job done, and the will to progress boldy into a better tommorrow.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, these are pretty bad, but what the heck?

At GT, nothing is easy, but the rewards are GOLD.

GT Tradition is GOLD

You want GOLD? GT has it.

Everything at GT is coming up GOLD.

Golden Tradition

At GT, Winners Play For Gold!

Academics? Athletics? At GT, both are Gold.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
"Creating the Next" is sort of the school brand right now. So, creating the next big engineer, entrepreneur, neuroscientist, etc. However, I think the athletic program's official brand is the Total Person Program. You come to GT as a student athlete and you'll be given an opportunity to be set for life.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
200px-GeorgiaTechSeal.svg_.png

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This month's "Toddcast" answers fans questions about the adidas and Georgia Tech partnership, including:
  • uniform designs and fan merchandise;
  • standardization of Tech gold;
  • benefits of Tech's proximity to the brand new state-of-the-art adidas footwear production facility, SPEEDFACTORY.

Link: Toddcast (38 min)
If this deal is only half as good as it's being pitched it will be fantastic.