New staff additions

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I agree a more defined donation program is needed that mirrors what other schools have (IPTAY, etc.) and I would bet TStans is working towards something like this, but part of the reason we're in the position to raise a 2-year 'salary pool' for these positions is because we're paying two basketball coaches not to coach. This fundraising effort gets us through the He****/Gr***** payment years at which point that money will be off the books. The other part being that our last AD was incompetent at fundraising..
We should have raised the funds pay off that debt first.
The rest would take care of.itself

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Who runs roll call and have they ever been approached by the AA or big wig athletic supporters with innovative ideas to "diversify" their windfall, specifically on donation solicitations such as giving donors a check box list of choices to earmark their donation? I imagine their is already a flock of academic program vultures circling this organization constantly lobbying for an increase in their allotment.

Secondly, how realistic is it to expect the typical "academic" donor to suddenly divert a portion of their donation to athletics?

I personally know the roll call leadership for decades. Yes. I also personally know the aa has tried to pair with them to no avail.

Extremely realistic. Roll call saps all the donations. Donors spend and when or IF approached by the aa think they already donated. You would be amazed at how many roll call donors have no idea about AA and dont realize not one cent will ever go to athletic scholarships or help.

As recent as a year ago. I had lunch with the chair and mentioned i wish there was a way they can partner better. Ha.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I personally know the roll call leadership for decades. Yes. I also personally know the aa has tried to pair with them to no avail.

Extremely realistic. Roll call saps all the donations. Donors spend and when or IF approached by the aa think they already donated. You would be amazed at how many roll call donors have no idea about AA and dont realize not one cent will ever go to athletic scholarships or help.

As recent as a year ago. I had lunch with the chair and mentioned i wish there was a way they can partner better. Ha.
I made the decision last year to cut back on my Roll Call and increase my AA, especially with the promo that just ended.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Like most colleges does the AA and Gtaa report to the prez . Unlike other colleges the prez has a giant research cash cow that reports to him.

Prez is a make no waves guy for gtaa s benefit.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Like most colleges does the AA and Gtaa report to the prez . Unlike other colleges the prez has a giant research cash cow that reports to him.

Prez is a make no waves guy for gtaa s benefit.
The GTAA does report to Peterson.

As I have stated many times, the school cannot provide more money to the GTAA. The school thru school money and student fees provides the maximum amount allowed under Georgia Regents policy. Even if the school received a $10 trillion dollar endowment donation, they could not legally send more money to the GTAA.

If fans want the GTAA to have more money, they need to: donate more, but more merchandise, and buy more tickets. Complaining about the amount the school gives to athletics will do no good because they already give the maximum allowed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
The GTAA does report to Peterson.

As I have stated many times, the school cannot provide more money to the GTAA. The school thru school money and student fees provides the maximum amount allowed under Georgia Regents policy. Even if the school received a $10 trillion dollar endowment donation, they could not legally send more money to the GTAA.

If fans want the GTAA to have more money, they need to: donate more, but more merchandise, and buy more tickets. Complaining about the amount the school gives to athletics will do no good because they already give the maximum allowed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
What will be interesting is if GTAA can drive up those other sources of revenue, will the school continue to fund at that maximum 10%, leave dollar amount the same reducing the percentage, or reduce percentage since GTAA is bringing in more revenue from elsewhere.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
What will be interesting is if GTAA can drive up those other sources of revenue, will the school continue to fund at that maximum 10%, leave dollar amount the same reducing the percentage, or reduce percentage since GTAA is bringing in more revenue from elsewhere.

No, not interesting. Shhhh... Don’t give them any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Who runs roll call and have they ever been approached by the AA or big wig athletic supporters with innovative ideas to "diversify" their windfall, specifically on donation solicitations such as giving donors a check box list of choices to earmark their donation? I imagine their is already a flock of academic program vultures circling this organization constantly lobbying for an increase in their allotment.

Secondly, how realistic is it to expect the typical "academic" donor to suddenly divert a portion of their donation to athletics?
There has historically been quite a contentious relationship between the AA and Alumni Office (which runs Roll Call). Cooperation has been better between the US and North Korea at times.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There has historically been quite a contentious relationship between the AA and Alumni Office (which runs Roll Call). Cooperation has been better between the US and North Korea at times.
It's crap like this that undermines our athletic programs. Factories don't deal with this kind of crap. Even some highly regarded academic institutions have recognized the importance of excelling on the playing field and how it enhances their reputation. ND comes to mind. Our academic snobbery is not just some myth created by our cross state rivals, it's very real and it has it's impact and it's not always good.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm a more recent alumni, but I've had to explain that to the majority of my friends who graduated with me. They don't put it out there in bold print that this is the case either.

If that happens, they will probably start assessing the AA for fees.