New Single Digit Uni's Announced

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
As others mentioned there was a lot of talk last year about Boyd making plays in practice. Unfortunate that he got injured in his first game of action. I was really excited about his combination of size and speed. It would not surprise me if a lot of the younger guys got some burn at receiver this year.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
They should get burn. No one stood out last year and we lost Brown do playing time should be wide open. I hope we are to the point where talent gets on the field over guys who know all the routes. What I saw last year was very pedestrian wide receiver play and the stats speak for themselves. The announcers even called our guys out on it. And it’s obvious now that Brown mentally checked out during the season.

Jmonty71

Banned
Yeah I don't know of any teams other than Alabama with a 6'2" 215lb 4.3x WR on the scout team.
I can tell you, from experience. From being burned a few times in High School.. There is speed, without pads and then there is speed with pads. I've seen kids with 4.3 speed, however' with pads and they end up more like 4.6. On the other side of the coin, I've seen kids that seemingly get faster with pads on. Just speaking from a CB standpoint. One that was about 5'6", in high school and ran about 4.5.... Trust me... There are burners and there "BURNERS".... LOL

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I can tell you, from experience. From being burned a few times in High School.. There is speed, without pads and then there is speed with pads. I've seen kids with 4.3 speed, however' with pads and they end up more like 4.6. On the other side of the coin, I've seen kids that seemingly get faster with pads on. Just speaking from a CB standpoint. One that was about 5'6", in high school and ran about 4.5.... Trust me... There are burners and there "BURNERS".... LOL

Yup. Just like there are QBs that look all world with their howitzers throwing 60-70 yard bombs in warm ups...then can't complete a 20 yard pass to save their lives during a real game.

Being fast, big, and strong are great...the real test is what happens when there's another player opposite you, and you have read the game while fighting off another player...oh, and you also have to execute when the ball comes your way and try not to get killed by 200-250+ lb guys.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yup. Just like there are QBs that look all world with their howitzers throwing 60-70 yard bombs in warm ups...then can't complete a 20 yard pass to save their lives during a real game.

Being fast, big, and strong are great...the real test is what happens when there's another player opposite you, and you have read the game while fighting off another player...oh, and you also have to execute when the ball comes your way and try not to get killed by 200-250+ lb guys.

School 'em, techst. This is single-digit posting if I ever seent it.

Who're the other single-digit posters on this site? I'm disqualified seein' as how I'mma coach and all. Otherwise ....

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
School 'em, techst. This is single-digit posting if I ever seent it.

Who're the other single-digit posters on this site? I'm disqualified seein' as how I'mma coach and all. Otherwise ....
some of us here aren't trying to make a single digit status. All we want is a meal from the training table as a PWO.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Reminds me of an article Richard Sherman wrote a few years ago where he brings up the toughest receivers he's played against. Mentions how speed isn't everything (or Usain Bolt would be playing) but how that speed is used.