New radio promo throw some shade!

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who doesn't realize this who is older doesn't remember how rock and roll was perceived when it started to become popular. I'm 24 and hip hop/rap/trap or whatever you want to call it is the culture of young people regardless of race. It is by far the most popular music genre in the country, just go look at the billboard 100. To say that you don't like this sort of a move from the athletic association just shows me that you're...well, old. So anyone who wants to say that this is "too black, HBCU like" etc needs a reality check and needs to ask themselves how they feel about race.
Well, be careful with the ageism too bud. I'm not cool with the HBCU comment, but I'm not into the "Hey Boomer" crap from some young people either. Oh, and if you don't like country bumpkins I suggest you go buy your food from a city-slicker farmer.

Why can't we all just accept each other?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well, be careful with the ageism too bud. I'm not cool with the HBCU comment, but I'm not into the "Hey Boomer" crap from some young people either. Oh, and if you don't like country bumpkins I suggest you go buy your food from a city-slicker farmer.

Actually bought some produce from an urban garden last weekend🤣😂 so there goes that idea.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Idk if people realize but my username is a combination of (S)outh (W)est (A)tlanta (T)oo/lien and hip hop group, and arguably the most famous music group from Atlanta, OutKast second album; Atliens. I’m immersed in Atlanta and Atlanta’s Black culture.

As a graduate of an HBCU this acknowledgment is nothing but positive and affirming:

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The problem I have is that him saying something is HBCU like, "Historically Black", was Automatically, interpreted as being negative and bad form. Public Annoncement: Things can be associated with black culture without it being BAD.

That is all.

Thanks

I 100% agree with this. Why did people infer negative things from SWATliens original post??? I didn't and don't see how anyone else could either. If you automatically equate HBCU comparisons as negative, you may want to step back and question your own assumptions and beliefs. i am possibly in violation of site rules (report me if you wish) but quite frankly the reaction to his post pi$$ed me off.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Idk if people realize but my username is a combination of (S)outh (W)est (A)tlanta (T)oo/lien and hip hop group, and arguably the most famous music group from Atlanta, OutKast second album; Atliens. I’m immersed in Atlanta and Atlanta’s Black culture.

As a graduate of an HBCU this acknowledgment is nothing but positive and affirming:

I think the issue is that for those of who didn't go to an HBCU or are unfamiliar with them HBCU isn't really defined for, especially as it relates to music. To me, what you said I could easily see some of the more racist members of my step-family saying in a derogatory way because the very mentality that the other posted talked about.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Some of you old folk need to get on board or get lost

This is equally as offensive as associating a remark about HBCU's as a negative reference.

To all: let's stop making or implying offensive remarks in this thread. Now.

As far as the OP, I really liked that commercial. Love that GT branding is going on the offense. For the first time in my long lifetime.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, I didn't really understand what his/her intent was in making the comment. I'm still waiting to understand what it means. Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to react, but maybe we should also be more clear in what we mean when we say something.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who doesn't realize this who is older doesn't remember how rock and roll was perceived when it started to become popular. I'm 24 and hip hop/rap/trap or whatever you want to call it is the culture of young people regardless of race. It is by far the most popular music genre in the country, just go look at the billboard 100. To say that you don't like this sort of a move from the athletic association just shows me that you're...well, old. So anyone who wants to say that this is "too black, HBCU like" etc needs a reality check and needs to ask themselves how they feel about race.

i don’t know what you are talking about. And why are you acting as if you speaking from experience on accepting change when you are 24?

MySouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is equally as offensive as associating a remark about HBCU's as a negative reference.

To all: let's stop making or implying offensive remarks in this thread. Now.

As far as the OP, I really liked that commercial. Love that GT branding is going on the offense. For the first time in my long lifetime.
Be offended then. Maybe you should realize they are not recruiting you.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
My wife and I took my son to his follow up appointment yesterday. As we were leaving the building, a UPS man was outside his truck. I was wearing my yellow “TECH” hoodie and i hear him say “GEEORGIA TECH? WHATS THE GOOD WORD?!”
I can honestly say it took me so off guard, i had to analyze what he was saying. Then I realized there was only one appropriate answer. “TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!”

Now my wife, shes a military brat and from all over, but not from which a place that knows about college football or GT for that matter so she is still learning the ropes. She kind of looked at me puzzled at what just happened. I told her “if someone ever asks that, just know they know whatsup.” It made my day to hear that question from a complete stranger 😂

But to follow up on his part...
HOW BOUT THEM dawgssss?!
For the uninitiated, if someone asks "What's the good word?", respond with "To Hell With Georgia!" If they follow up with "How about them dawgs?", the response is "Piss on them!" You only get half credit. 😉

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

Well, if you’re a boomer, you’re a boomer. Dunno what to tell ya!