1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

New Pro Jackets Progress

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Baseball' started by GT Bravo, Jun 21, 2019.

1. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

English is on fire in Oregon. Hitting. 390 over his last 10 games with 16 hits and 10 rbi. Season av. Up to. 280. Constant contact also. Only 15 k's in 132 abs.

2. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

Limiting K's is one of the many things that he did extremely well at Tech.

GTNavyNuke and augustabuzz like this.
  3. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

What position is English playing? He could be anywhere other than catcher ........ doubt he pitches but who knows. Maybe relief someday. Love him; he greatly contributed to winning us so many games and only lost a few with his aggressiveness.

augustabuzz likes this.
  4. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

He has been playing mostly RF. Some 1B and some DH. Recently he played 3B for what I think was the 1st time. Has not pitched as far as I have seen.

CuseJacket, GTNavyNuke and FredJacket like this.
  5. NW GA JACKET

NW GA JACKET Ramblin' Wreck

Looks like English has gotten hot, Mac showing good power, but avg lacking. Murray hasn’t played quite as much, but has been streaky when in. Some hot stretches and some cold, but that’s baseball. CT has moved to A ball and has about a 4.3 era, and Willingham is in short season with about a 3.5 era. Curry evidently is shut down for now. All in all they are all having decent showings, I wish them all the best of luck. GO JACKETS

THWG, GTNavyNuke and CuseJacket like this.
  6. CTJacket

CTJacket Helluva Engineer

I don't know if it's true or not, but if you mean me based on my moniker, it's just a weird coincidence. I just happen to live in Connecticut now and I'm terrible at picking usernames.

7. Tech93

Tech93 Helluva Engineer

English is going to be a steal at 500K. He is a complete baseball player with a great bat. Definitely anticipate seeing him play in the majors one day if he stays healthy.

8. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

He has been at 3b the past week or so and looks good! Don't forget you can watch all of the Hops home games on milk.tv with a subscription. They mostly come on at 10pm

9. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

Check out the YouTube clip of him turning a DP from 3rd at beesball.com

Don't be confused by the red Mavericks unis. They play as Mavericks on Monday's and the Hops every other day lol

GTNavyNuke likes this.
  10. gtrower

gtrower Helluva Engineer

Just watched it on their twitter - great turn from TE but jesus that runner at 1st was safe by a foot.

11. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

I thought that, too. Lol. Like seeing TE gun it across the diamond though.

12. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

Tonight English was 3/4 with a 1b, 2b, & HR. 3 rbi. Played 3b tonight and rf last night. He will be a major league player.

CuseJacket, GTNavyNuke and FredJacket like this.
  13. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

English 3/5 tonight with a 1b, 2b, and a Grand Slam homer. 5 rbi.

The kid is now a 3rd baseman and on his way.

Hillsboro Hops!

14. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

Beesball.com sharing that English has been awarded NW League player of the month! Check out the Hillsboro Hops twitter. #AllHoppedUp

FredJacket likes this.
  15. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

Hillsboro Hops (Diamondbacks) first baseman Tristin English led the Northwest League in five categories: batting average (.349), runs (19), home runs (five), slugging percentage (.616) and OPS (1.040). He finished second in total bases (53) and RBIs (18) and placed third in on-base percentage (.424). English recorded only two games in which he did not reach base safely, and he finished the month on an 11-game on-base streak that began Aug. 18. English, 22, was selected by Arizona in the third round of the 2019 First-Year Player Draft out of Georgia Tech.

TheWhiteKenyan, THWG and FredJacket like this.
  16. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

Tristan is on TV now in the NW league championship series. Tune in on milb.tv

THWG likes this.
  17. GT Bravo

GT Bravo Ramblin' Wreck

The Hops won the NW League Championship in a 3-2 series. English was the leading hitter for the team with a. 290 regular season ave. He now seems like a full time 3 bagger. Congrats big man.

augustabuzz, GTNavyNuke and THWG like this.