New Pro Jackets Progress

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Did Simpson get injured? I see that his last steal was on September 6th, and his last four games at Bowling Green he only ran once, getting thrown out. Then, after being promoted to Durham he didn't appear in any games. G0lftime or anyone else have any details on this?
He was moved up to Durham after the regular season ended. I hope to see him here next year. I went to 2 games the last week of the regular season and do not recall him on the roster.
Durham has done well in the International league playoffs winning it several times. Tampa does a great job with their scouting. Durham did not win their division this year and I have not heard it reported that they are even eligible this year. I assume they didn't make it this year. Looking forward to next year.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
He was moved up to Durham after the regular season ended. I hope to see him here next year. I went to 2 games the last week of the regular season and do not recall him on the roster.
Durham has done well in the International league playoffs winning it several times. Tampa does a great job with their scouting. Durham did not win their division this year and I have not heard it reported that they are even eligible this year. I assume they didn't make it this year. Looking forward to next year.
The season just ended on Sunday, 9/24. Simpson was promoted on 9/19. Durham was here at Gwinnett all last week (6 games), but Simpson didn't appear in any games. I was watching the box scores closely to see if he did, with the plan of watching the replay on milb.tv when he did get in a game. It never happened.

Durham is at Norfolk for a 3 game series starting tonight to determine the International League champion. The winner of that will play the PCL champion Saturday for the AAA championship.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The season just ended on Sunday, 9/24. Simpson was promoted on 9/19. Durham was here at Gwinnett all last week (6 games), but Simpson didn't appear in any games. I was watching the box scores closely to see if he did, with the plan of watching the replay on milb.tv when he did get in a game. It never happened.

Durham is at Norfolk for a 3 game series starting tonight to determine the International League champion. The winner of that will play the PCL champion Saturday for the AAA championship.
That's why I thought it was over. I went to their last home stand. Coverage up here is non existent in the paper or TV unless they are home. TV and papers are all about college football up here now. The Bulls are an after thought. Glad they at least have a shot in the playoffs. Not quite as strong as some of their prior years.
I admit I am not a huge Bulls fan, I just enjoy going to baseball games. I have never even been to a post season play off here. I catch about 15 to 20 games a year. Our seats are 4 rows up behind the dugout.
I do hope he is here next year.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Brant Hurter threw 7 shutout innings for Erie in the AA Eastern League Championship against Binghamton. Parada had one of the 3 hits against Hurter. Dominating performance the last month from Hurter from what the announcers were saying. Hasn't given up an earned run since 8/19.
If he didn't get hurt in 2019, we would have been in Omaha.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If he didn't get hurt in 2019, we would have been in Omaha.
We quite possibly might’ve had the deepest starting rotation in the country that year had X and Hurter not went down. 2 of the 4 (Curry and Willingham) have been in the big leagues, with the other 2 (Thomas and Hurter) on pace to get there next year. Not very many schools put 4 pitchers from the same staff in The Show. With those 4 I would’ve put that team up against anybody in the country and felt confident about it. Tristin and McCann are knocking on the door as well, and Luke Waddell will probably get a shot if he can get out of the Braves org soon. There will probably be at least 5-6, maybe up to 7 big leaguers from that team. Ironically that team probably had the least amount of preseason hype of any GT baseball team since 2006 and might’ve been the best overall team we’ve had since. Sucks that season ended the way it did.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

Durham won last night 10 -5 in Norfolk. It's amazing how little coverage they are getting with FB season now. I did watch some of the game on local MLB channel last night. Normally they don't carry the away games, only the home games are carried. The Bulls moved their best player up mid season but their pitching is a lot better than start of the season. Not a great hitting team but they have good team speed and defense.

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan
On the Durham Bulls roster, he shows as being on the Development List, not active. It may be that they have him up there for additional workouts and/or as a backup in case someone gets hurt in the playoffs.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope he lands in a good spot.

Wondering why, I came across this :(

I hope he lands in a great spot too.

1696164905871.png

1696164950755.png

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
My Grandpa came over from Italy at 3 y.o. As a youngster, he helped build Yankees Triplets Field in Binghamton. He was also on the demolition crew when they tore it down in the decades later. All the great stars came through AAA, for NY Yanks. When they decided to rebuild it for the AA Mets, he came out of retirement to once again, build it. Now, Kevin Parada gets to play on that field. Deservedly!

The Binghampton Triplets preseasoned in my hometown in Orangeburg SC when I was growing up. The ball park was about 1/4 mile back of my house and they would let us kids on the field to shag flies during batting practice. Mickey Mantle spray painted his name in big letters on a beam under the stands so I am sure I played with Mickey at one time. :)