New Falcons Offensive Coordinator

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Chip Kelly had the inside track for the Falcons OC gig, this one came out of nowhere. Word is, Saban is pissed and Kelly now lands at Bama. I like Kelly but I think we dodged a bullet.

Great hire Arthur and TD.
I think Kelly will hold out for a head coaching job. A lot of Tennessee folks want Chip Kelly to be the next Tennessee coach in 2018 or 2019.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In my opinion he VETTED him, too much on the line for DQ and the franchise for him not have. It's clear this has been in works and not something thrown together. As to his contract, I don't know and neither do you but NFL franchises are not generally know for be foolish.

Hey, it's just my opinion too. Not a problem if we differ.

I'd say the USC AD had more on the line than Quinn does. He also likely relied on Pete Carroll's rubber stamp.

Contract-wise, I don't think there's a way to wordsmith any kind of alcohol-related clause in a way that won't leave the franchise open to litigation if the guy gets fired.

Also, several NFL franchises have been shown to be foolish or at least negligent in handling of a myriad of issues the past few years. I don't look at any of them and feel confident they won't do so in the future.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Hell of a deal for Sark. He didn't even have to prove himself anywhere and got a huge promotion. Doesn't make a difference for Bama anyways. They don't do anything creative on offense anyways. Play defense and have a better offense than LSU is about their recipe for success.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Oh noooooo, SEC bored (yes, bored) says some guy's reporting one of the candidates to replace Sark at Bama .. Godsey?! :nailbiting:

http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/feldman-says-helfrich-kelly-and-george-godsey/68582855/

Don't do it, Double-G. All Bama does is out-big lineman teams to death. Run left, run right, playaction. Wash, rinse, repeat. There's no imagination there. Saban's stranglehold will never let up.
I think GG will be the probable guy who will get the job. I agree with you that Nick Satan pretty much calls all the plays at Alabama(Just like Steve Spurrier did at Florida).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Blank is putting a 100 yard bar in his new play toy the Mercedes Benz Stadium. He needed someone with expertise to test it out. He's getting 2 for the price of 1...ahem...

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I think they needed to hire someone who is a QB guru like Jimbo Fisher. Matt Ryan cost them the game. He did not play well and he is close to being a good QB. Need a good QB coach to come in and fix some of those small issues that cost the falcons the SB.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I think they needed to hire someone who is a QB guru like Jimbo Fisher. Matt Ryan cost them the game. He did not play well and he is close to being a good QB. Need a good QB coach to come in and fix some of those small issues that cost the falcons the SB.
You don't get named NFL MVP by being a " Close to Good" Quarterback only.:rolleyes:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Matt did not cost them the game, can you say dumb coaching ?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
In some cases yes.
I can't imagine what your response would have been had he thrown a pick 6 trying to throw the ball away while being wrestled down. Matt Ryan had the highest QBR in both the regular season and the Postseason. His QB this year was the highest in the NFL since Aaron Rodgers in 2011. He threw 6 incompletions the whole game. He had 1 really bad play and that was the fumble but to say 1 fumble when you have a 25 point lead late in the 3rd Q is the reason you lost is just plain stupid.