New Depth Chart and Injuries

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Questionable = they'll probably play if the creek don't rise. I think both PJ and DJ will start; the question is how long will they be able to play.

Getting Joe back is a plus. The real surprise is that Qua is still being listed as not out for the season. I would have thought that breaking your ankle would pretty much put paid to your chances.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok, I know CPJ likes to play things close to his chest, but does anyone have info on the 4 questionable ones?

I saw PJ get hit - he played after he was hurt in the Pitt game. Same injury?
Skov? what happened to him? practice or game?
Demond Smith - I only know he got hurt in the Clemson game because the announcers said so, but never elaborated on what happened or what the injury was. anyone know?
DJ White? what happened to him? practice or game?

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Three of our best defenders being "questionable" makes me feel sick to my stomach. We are going to need a stout defense to have any chance of winning this game. Our injury situation is beyond ridiculous!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Didn't know DJ White got dinged. Man the all diaper squad will be out there.
Without making any excuses -- we got scorched the second half last week -- it is sobering to realize that four of the starting six "skill" positions were true freshmen, and there wasn't a senior in the bunch.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ok, I know CPJ likes to play things close to his chest, but does anyone have info on the 4 questionable ones?

I saw PJ get hit - he played after he was hurt in the Pitt game. Same injury?
Skov? what happened to him? practice or game?
Demond Smith - I only know he got hurt in the Clemson game because the announcers said so, but never elaborated on what happened or what the injury was. anyone know?
DJ White? what happened to him? practice or game?
I was told by someone at the Notre Dame game that Skov hurt his shoulder. I don't know if that is the same thing affecting his playing time for this week.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Toss up question to the group. Excuse the preamble that goes with it.

It seems like over the years I have noticed that teams that struggle seem to have more injuries. (before you say, "duh," and slap your head bear with me) I am not saying that the season goes south due to mounting injuries, I am saying that the team shows early on that it is struggling and then the injury avalanche starts to mount. I seem to recall this happening to Tech in the past. Bud Carson's first year comes to mind.

So a possible theory might be that teams that are struggling do not put sufficient pressure on the opposing team leading the opponent to be more aggressive and able to get "better shots" at your players. Likewise your own players are not playing within themselves, pressing and trying to do too much which gets them in vulnerable positions. Anyway, I have seen this movie before and now that I am watching a rerun I am reminded that teams that run like well oiled machines rarely have injuries in bunches but more like one or two key injuries for a season, whereas teams that struggle can have five starters go down within a couple of weeks.

Anyway, it would not surprise me to see more injuries with this team until we start to get some timing and continuity back and, conversely, if we were to suddenly start clicking on both sides of the ball our injury rate would drop. Right now we are just over matched in several ways.
Thoughts?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Toss up question to the group. Excuse the preamble that goes with it.

It seems like over the years I have noticed that teams that struggle seem to have more injuries. (before you say, "duh," and slap your head bear with me) I am not saying that the season goes south due to mounting injuries, I am saying that the team shows early on that it is struggling and then the injury avalanche starts to mount. I seem to recall this happening to Tech in the past. Bud Carson's first year comes to mind.

So a possible theory might be that teams that are struggling do not put sufficient pressure on the opposing team leading the opponent to be more aggressive and able to get "better shots" at your players. Likewise your own players are not playing within themselves, pressing and trying to do too much which gets them in vulnerable positions. Anyway, I have seen this movie before and now that I am watching a rerun I am reminded that teams that run like well oiled machines rarely have injuries in bunches but more like one or two key injuries for a season, whereas teams that struggle can have five starters go down within a couple of weeks.

Anyway, it would not surprise me to see more injuries with this team until we start to get some timing and continuity back and, conversely, if we were to suddenly start clicking on both sides of the ball our injury rate would drop. Right now we are just over matched in several ways.
Thoughts?
Players have been getting thrown around like rag dolls in a few games this year. It's essentially what happens when you're getting whipped.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that Lands-Davis outweighs Marshall. The only time I can think of a heavier A-back than B-back is maybe Lucas Cox. I don't think Allen was heavier than Dwyer.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting that Lands-Davis outweighs Marshall. The only time I can think of a heavier A-back than B-back is maybe Lucas Cox. I don't think Allen was heavier than Dwyer.

Charles Perkins started at A-Back, may have been bigger then Laskey.