Need a Spring Game Report

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Simply put CPJ doesn't give two @#$%^ about the fan base. He prefers noon kicks, shutting off the media and acting like an arrogant *** to his beat and local reporters. Which, when you are successful I don't really care about, BUT on a day when you make a major announcement regarding your branding and you have the chance to involve all your fans to not only promote that announcement but let them see your game, you can't blow it. And this is where TStan should have overridden him and said, we are going to stream it. I get not putting it on ESPN3 if you don't want to , but have it on the AA website to draw traffic there. Epic fail by the AA IMO.

Hey Chernoff...calm down.:D

CPJ said he would be fine with streaming it IF...ESPN decided to carry it. ESPN declined....so go rail at ESPN.

He further went on to say that, if not carried by TV...there were more benefits than drawbacks to not streaming it. Hurts out of state alumni yes, but gets more butts in seats which benefits program.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry, but how much more does he get paid than the softball coach? He can and should make sure it can be viewed by fans on some medium. It's a spring game. There's nothing so top secret about it.
Plus the softball game (and the baseball game) is part of the ACC Network package, so they probably didn't have to ask anybody in the AA. If they had wanted it streamed it could have been. I'll look for updates and highlights in the game chat.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
dr jacket gets the Bingo.
A loyal Coach said stuff to cover for the streaming issue .

He is not the marketing and media guy ( that's not his strength) . Remember after the last practice DC said basically we are going to line up our two best athlete by position , play our base defense for qb under center, and see how they get off blocks and make tackle . " We are not gonna do any "schemes" . Coach has said the same thing - blocking and tackling and no injuries.
Here Coach is clearly is giving some cover for the Gtaa that could have done a better job of Making this a memorable day for players and the sidewalk fans.
How many spring games and branding events does the gtaa get? 1
As a minimum
"" 1 advertise
Come to bds! spring game and Gt Gold branding day 4/20/18!
On sale 4/20/18 Spring game branding player Autograph booklets 5$/ each!
2. Give players a couple simple dated Gt Spring game tee shirt! Sell same limited addition spring game branding practice looking shirts by order only ( all electronic) , make available to season ticket holders! """

3 set up a booth to sign up Sidewalk fans.
(I owned tee shirt company that sold one type tee shirt on the O U campus - it said in all caps TEXAS SOONER and it was a hit w the 35% Texas student demographic. Sold about 3000 to the males and zero to the girls as we failed to make a run for them!

t Stan is drinking from a fire hose.
The new youngster at gtaa who handles my account is a breath of fresh air. He is a marketing type who wants to hear ideas for improving and that is a big change from the glorified clerks before t Stan.

I posted the simple marketing ideas above as more of an encouragement at this time.
I say we give time for t Stan time to keep changing the passive in the office marketing to one that is active and out in the community .

If we get 2 8win seasons with some blow out wins and continued t Stan progress with gtaa, we won't recognize the place.
Then if we get the prez's wife to fire up the prez about the national impact a highly successful Gt football program can have on the Gt campus, Coach can finish his stay at Gt as a legacy.
Coach knows football.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Hey Chernoff...calm down.:D

CPJ said he would be fine with streaming it IF...ESPN decided to carry it. ESPN declined....so go rail at ESPN.

He further went on to say that, if not carried by TV...there were more benefits than drawbacks to not streaming it. Hurts out of state alumni yes, but gets more butts in seats which benefits program.
The problem is the attendance would most likely be a couple of hundred fans no matter if it was televised or not televised:rolleyes::banghead::vomit:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Simply put CPJ doesn't give two @#$%^ about the fan base. He prefers noon kicks, shutting off the media and acting like an arrogant *** to his beat and local reporters. Which, when you are successful I don't really care about, BUT on a day when you make a major announcement regarding your branding and you have the chance to involve all your fans to not only promote that announcement but let them see your game, you can't blow it. And this is where TStan should have overridden him and said, we are going to stream it. I get not putting it on ESPN3 if you don't want to , but have it on the AA website to draw traffic there. Epic fail by the AA IMO.

PJ prefers noon kicks because the sitting around all day on Saturday is a pain. good buddy of mine, and a Tech season ticket holder, hated Saturday night games in high school, and we had a bunch of em, for just that reason. I'd bet there are more coaches who agree with PJ but don't want to anger the TV gods.
Kickoffs at GSU when PJ was coach were at 1 pm. You want to be in the stands - or anywhere in the stadium - at that time in Statesboro in early September to mid October? Brutal. But with a noon kick, you're out at 3 and you can go grab a cold one or dozen and take in 3:30 and night games.
PJ's relationship with the media is better than you think. Go back on the threads and hear Quinlan's interview on the Chuck Oliver show. It doesn't come across that way all the time in the video clips you see but there's give and take before and after the cameras don't catch.
And it wasn't PJ's call, to hear the school say it, on streaming the game. He was opposed to it (I'd much rather have a chance to see it since there's no way I can drive up and back to go in person) and I get his stance. But I'd rather have it online.
Now, is it PJ's job to care about your self worth as a fan or is it his job to win games and produce student athletes who graduate and don't embarrass the school? Ain't many P5 coaches there for the fans. That's for the alumni association and athletics marketing people to take care of. If PJ went back to telling more of his stories during the radio show - he's a very good luncheon and dinner speaker, by the way - that might go a long way.