Nearly a 2-game winning streak for TECH!!!!

Mr. Keen

Banned
Peacone36 - Yes, I am the Grinch. Think about it!!!! 200 students sow up for the Boston College Game / 18,000 students don't go to the game. All the students are to blame!

Mr. Keen

Banned
Tech in the ACC - now 35 years.

Tech has finished "over" .500 in league play just 7 times - 4 of those being just 2 games over .500 (8-6 3 times / 9-7 1 time). So, basically - the program has had 3 "good" ACC regular seasons out of 35. 1984-85 (9-5); 1985-86 (11-3); 1995-96 (13-3). Yes, I am the grinch! In case you haven't figured it out 98% of all Tech students and alums realize that following Tech Hoops is not a quality investment o one's time.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Tech in the ACC - now 35 years.

Tech has finished "over" .500 in league play just 7 times - 4 of those being just 2 games over .500 (8-6 3 times / 9-7 1 time). So, basically - the program has had 3 "good" ACC regular seasons out of 35. 1984-85 (9-5); 1985-86 (11-3); 1995-96 (13-3). Yes, I am the grinch! In case you haven't figured it out 98% of all Tech students and alums realize that following Tech Hoops is not a quality investment o one's time.

So why do you keep investing so much time in it?

Mr. Keen

Banned
I enjoy "REVELING" in the misery of it. Why else?

That is one of the fundamental keys to life - not only accepting your misery, but learning "how to enjoy" your misery!

The reason being - there is so much misery out there / so little to actually enjoy - so why fight it!?!?! Enjoy it! :)

This isn't rhetoric - it is a basic tenet of life.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
So why do you keep investing so much time in it?
The irony of it all.
Mr. Keen said:
Every minute you spend watching or listening or reading Tech Hoops - is a minute of your life wasted.

Don't be a loser like me - I follow it strictly for the morbid fascination of it all. There is no other possible reason to follow Tech hoops.
Mr. Keen said:
I gotta be honest - for the last 7-8 years - I don't watch Tech basketball until there are about 5 minutes left in the game - and then Tech must be at least tied or ahead. Once Tech falls behind (even by 1 point) I shut it down and go back to following the game on the play-by-play internet feed. Admittedly, this results in watching very few ACC games every year.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
But, keep in mind - at least I am posting

I wish you wouldn't

All the students are to blame??? Me and my friends go to every single game so don't you dare tell me all the students are to blame

Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg