#NDvsGT 55 to Zero

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Mike Cunningham probably not getting hugged at the next presser:

I’d like to hug this guy. All of this needed to be said and I hope TStan is paying attention.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched his presser. First one I have watched in many, many years. I do find it ironic that he shrugs off any mention about what he should say to the fans and/or donors. I have heard this mentioned before but someone should be helping him here from a PR standpoint. He needs to be reaching out in this case and not being dismissive.
not sure what kind of answer you're supposed to give there. you lose 55-0, and don't look as good as that score doing it, and you get a question asking what you say to boosters and fans to make them believe you're still the guy?

sh1t question at the wrong time. his answer, to me, felt like a "we'll deal with that after next week" response, which is all he can really say.

the thing to see will be: will he deal with it after next week?

If not, then maybe he needs to prepare an answer, because he will hear it every week.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I would like to hear the logic for retaining Collins. If it's all financial, we need to SHU and bear with the program, or pony up more money. This season seems more more depressing as we go. After Clemson and UNC I was a staunch defender, but this was embarrassing today. As a mod on this board I will continue to enforce the rules for decorum, but the negative posts are certainly understandable. I turned the game off completely today and accompanied my wife to a wine tasting. And it was not very good wine. My only consolation? None of my UNC or Duke neighbors have called me to gloat. I actually feel sorry for them.

GTcanWINagain

Banned
I’d like to hug this guy. All of this needed to be said and I hope TStan is paying attention.
The best strategy is to make sure that Angel Cabrera’s direct reports - Stansbury’s peers - are vocal that the GT brand is being damaged in a high profile way by the football program. That would heat up the world of the guy who leads Athletics in a way that has not happened thus far!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I would like to hear the logic for retaining Collins. If it's all financial, we need to SHU and bear with the program, or pony up more money. This season seems more more depressing as we go. After Clemson and UNC I was a staunch defender, but this was embarrassing today. As a mod on this board I will continue to enforce the rules for decorum, but the negative posts are certainly understandable. I turned the game off completely today and accompanied my wife to a wine tasting. And it was not very good wine. My only consolation? None of my UNC or Duke neighbors have called me to gloat. I actually feel sorry for them.
You may want to book another wine tasting on Saturday.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Actually, I was still defending CGC (somewhat) until today. I have to be honest with myself as well as all of you. Something has to change.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
No, it wasn't years ago. We are trying to win with a combination of young players and transfers because of the recruiting failures of the last staff. That's now.

Is our defensive talent better than letting opposing QB's set personal bests week after week? Yes, but that can be fixed with staff changes--if the fans and the AA will get off the money do so.
Seriously stop

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I refuse to buy tickets or actively watch games until Collins is gone. Sorry if you don't agree with that and think fans should stick with the team through thick and thin but I refuse to contribute to his salary
We just got mauled by a middle-of-the-road ND team. I wanted to give Collins a chance, and did. Fire him now. We hired a fraud and huckster who should be selling pots and pans door-to-door.