ND ticket prices. What to expect?

He probably would be happy for whatever because he's your friend, but there certainly can be a big difference in ease of getting to you depending on where he lives.
Actually, he doesn't live there, but he will be staying with his son, who lives somewhere in or near Chicago; so same problem, but different setup. He and his wife are going up from Wilmington, NC.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We are going to midway early friday. Will try to go to wrigley to see cards and then fight rush hour traffic to head to south bend. May stop in laport indiana -:rooms in south bend crazy $.

Got word from my friend (who is a retired Delta pilot, BTW) that Midway is better. Now I got to find an affordable room somewhere near the airport with shuttle service, since I won't be renting a car. Anybody know anything about hotels near Midway?

Animal02

Banned
Got word from my friend (who is a retired Delta pilot, BTW) that Midway is better. Now I got to find an affordable room somewhere near the airport with shuttle service, since I won't be renting a car. Anybody know anything about hotels near Midway?
I think it is the Orange line that runs to Midway You could even stay downtown and get back to the airport. Chicago at night is a blast......Rush street, Billy Goat Tavern late at night is always interesting. Take a later flight out on Sunday and see one of the museums, Shed aquarium etc. etc.

The trains also run from O'hare, to downtown, so if downtown is easier for your friend, that might be another option.

http://www.transitchicago.com/orangeline/

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Shoot, maybe one of the members is one of the few remaining travel agents and can make all your plans for you.:LOL: