ND ticket prices. What to expect?

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Ok so before I really thought about it, I asked a big time donor/season ticket holder to get me tickets to the ND game, since he isn't going. Now, I can only imagine that he will get primo tickets since he said he could have gotten me 6 if needed. What do you think face value will be for the tickets he gets? He hasn't told me and just said he'd get them to me when he has them in hand. Thanks for any serious input.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ok so before I really thought about it, I asked a big time donor/season ticket holder to get me tickets to the ND game, since he isn't going. Now, I can only imagine that he will get primo tickets since he said he could have gotten me 6 if needed. What do you think face value will be for the tickets he gets? He hasn't told me and just said he'd get them to me when he has them in hand. Thanks for any serious input.
If I could buy two from you I would greatly appreciate it, I didn't get season tickets this year so I wasnt able to get any. My wife and I are going to be in Chicago for our 1 year anniversary that weekend, and we have never been to an away tech game, And yes I just tried to butter up the reasons why I should get tickets from you lol.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info guys. Wish I had extras to get to you but we are maxed out. Hope to see you boys up there. I'll have a creative shirt on. Just don't know what yet.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was down in the dumps when my ticket source fell through a few weeks ago. Just found out yesterday my ND grad big brother scored 6 tickets, 4 from a classmate and 2 in the ND alumni lottery. Now I'm as high as a kite! Before anybody asks, he's taking his family so all the tix are spoken for.

The cost for the two that I bought through Tech was $85.00 each. I don't know what you mean by "primo" tickets. Maybe those are club level or something like that and cost more than tickets for the section I (and most Tech fans) will be in.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
The cost for the two that I bought through Tech was $85.00 each. I don't know what you mean by "primo" tickets. Maybe those are club level or something like that and cost more than tickets for the section I (and most Tech fans) will be in.
Just assumed he'd get the best of the away fan section. I don't care. I just want to be there for the beat down PJ puts on BVG.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Dunno, but remember that ND PR machine doesn't come cheap.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Does anybody know which of the two main Chicago airports is best, Midway or O'Hare? Or are they both ok. I found FF available flights to both but don't know which to choose.
I just asked my buddy that's from Chicago, he said midway is nicer, but o'hare is not bad either. O'hare is also closer to southbend though, and might be cheaper.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I just asked my buddy that's from Chicago, he said midway is nicer, but o'hare is not bad either. O'hare is also closer to southbend though, and might be cheaper.

chicago_map.jpg

Midway is closer, technically. O'Hare is the major Chicago hub airport.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Oh it sure is. I just assumed it was closer because he said they were about 20 mins apart I figuered it was further north or west.

chicago_map.jpg

Midway is closer, technically. O'Hare is the major Chicago hub airport.
Yeah, you are seeing what I saw and confirming what I thought. I have a friend who is planning on picking me up from wherever I stay and taking me to the game. But I haven't been able to get ahold of him yet to find out which would be better for him. I have an idea he won't care one way or the other, but I need to hear from him soon, because I don't want to wait too long to book my flights.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, you are seeing what I saw and confirming what I thought. I have a friend who is planning on picking me up from wherever I stay and taking me to the game. But I haven't been able to get ahold of him yet to find out which would be better for him. I have an idea he won't care one way or the other, but I need to hear from him soon, because I don't want to wait too long to book my flights.

He probably would be happy for whatever because he's your friend, but there certainly can be a big difference in ease of getting to you depending on where he lives.