ND Linebacker on GT

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought this was really awesome. You hear it a lot from our players when we go up against the FSUs and Clemsons of the world. This dude is saying its a privilege and an honor to play against US!!

“I mean it’s so fun. This is one of the reasons for coming to Notre Dame, this is one of the reasons you play football,” Schmidt, who had scholarship offers to other programs but chose to play at Notre Dame, said. “I’m really looking forward to this opportunity to play Georgia Tech and to play one of the best offenses in the country, and really one of the best programs in the country. I think they do a great job there. And so we have a ton of respect for them, and this is why you play the game. It’s going to be a great atmosphere here, being at home it’s going to be so much fun. So I can’t wait.”

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It'd have to be. With the ND/ACC agreement I couldn't imagine the ACC being OK with another arrangement

I could definitely see the ACC bending over to accept whatever terms ND put out there. I wouldn't be surprised to see B1G refs.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
As long as we understand this guy's future post-football lies in corporate PR. Check for your watch after that handshake.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
he won't be having fun come Saturday around 7:00 pm. He'll be crying like a little baby.

Cryin' to his mama.
I, for one, appreciate class when I see it. I don't think it warrants this type of response. Also, if you are going to the game, you'd enjoy some of the best hospitality you'd ever see as an opposing fan. Funny how this happens at a school everybody loves to hate. Some hate them worse than the dwags. Go figure.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I, for one, appreciate class when I see it. I don't think it warrants this type of response. Also, if you are going to the game, you'd enjoy some of the best hospitality you'd ever see as an opposing fan. Funny how this happens at a school everybody loves to hate. Some hate them worse than the dwags. Go figure.

I thought about writing a response like this, but instead I realized that I'm not involved in the game at all and watching it for entertainment. So I made what I thought was an obviously over-the-top entertaining retort to his clearly level-headed and classy comments about our team and his opportunity to play football at Notre Dame.

Let's remember that it's still just a game, and we're still just rooting for people in tight pants carrying an oddly shaped ball on a painted field. If we're not allowed to have fun, then what are we doing it for?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I thought about writing a response like this, but instead I realized that I'm not involved in the game at all and watching it for entertainment. So I made what I thought was an obviously over-the-top entertaining retort to his clearly level-headed and classy comments about our team and his opportunity to play football at Notre Dame.

Let's remember that it's still just a game, and we're still just rooting for people in tight pants carrying an oddly shaped ball on a painted field. If we're not allowed to have fun, then what are we doing it for?
Fair enough. Btw, you could have left out the "tight pants" part. ;)

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought this was really awesome. You hear it a lot from our players when we go up against the FSUs and Clemsons of the world. This dude is saying its a privilege and an honor to play against US!!

“I mean it’s so fun. This is one of the reasons for coming to Notre Dame, this is one of the reasons you play football,” Schmidt, who had scholarship offers to other programs but chose to play at Notre Dame, said. “I’m really looking forward to this opportunity to play Georgia Tech and to play one of the best offenses in the country, and really one of the best programs in the country. I think they do a great job there. And so we have a ton of respect for them, and this is why you play the game. It’s going to be a great atmosphere here, being at home it’s going to be so much fun. So I can’t wait.”

Sounds like a well-spoken young man. (unlike the actual fans)
Can't wait for Saturday to get here!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

I agree, i'm enjoying the class displayed from their coach and players. I hope they play a clean game too. Contrast this with what we hear out of ugag, miami, fsu, etc

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ said it best when he said " we are going there to play football, if you want to sight see, do it some other time". Or something like that.
Focus is what we will be. Times like this are when we find our true leaders.
The ones who keep the glassy eyed underclassmen on tazk.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As long as we understand this guy's future post-football lies in corporate PR. Check for your watch after that handshake.
Not to be too cynical about it but you can now move me into the camp of those who think Notre Dame is trying to set Tech up with all of these compliments and accolades being directed our way.

Having said that, wasn't this comment about his injury against Navy's option rather refreshing?
“That’s the game of football. And injuries happen. So I would never put it on a scheme or a player. It wasn’t malicious. The people from Navy were not malicious. They were just playing the game and I was playing the game, and things happen,” Schmidt talked about the frequency of injuries against the option.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
After encountering Notre Dame fans years ago I will never hate them as a team. I do not always pull for them, which is why I had trouble knowing who to pull for in their Virginia game, but I will never hate them. Right now if you put them up against Alabama or Georgia there is no doubt in my mind that I would be 100% for Notre Dame. I respect schools in which the athletes actually have to go to class and graduate with a real degree.